cdpro2 using pic18f452 for control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: I like the box..

vt4c said:
Fantastic work! Does your code includes RC control as well? Where to get the source code?

I have RC code that works, but not in this version of the source code. I haven't bought another IR sensor for this microcontroller board. I should get it and add it soon. As for source code, drop me an e-mail if you are interested.

stelios said:
cool looking display .. but what I like more is the enclosure :D
How much did it cost ? where did you get it from ? only kidding !

Don't go for the Luxman one. This one has much more character ! Please make a note of the sonic differences : I bet if you use the Luxman case it will sound worse ;)

heh.. The case is going to be aluminum, and is a work in progress. The luxman will work for temporary buttons. I haven't found a more beautiful solution.

kello said:

The VFD look like good quality!

It is an LCD, and about 1/5 the price of a VFD.

--
Brian

I have RC code that works, but not in this version of the source code. I haven't bought another IR sensor for this microcontroller board. I should get it and add it soon. As for source code, drop me an e-mail if you are interested.

Thank you for your offer. Might drop you an e-mail if I can't get mine working. I've a small bug in my codes with the command buttons that I still need to solve. :bawling: Will start writing the RC codes after getting the bug off.

BTW, I'm using a VFD module having serial 3-wires interface.

Joined 2002
vt4c said:

Thank you for your offer. Might drop you an e-mail if I can't get mine working. I've a small bug in my codes with the command buttons that I still need to solve. :bawling: Will start writing the RC codes after getting the bug off.

BTW, I'm using a VFD module having serial 3-wires interface.

Which LCD are you using? Does it comply to either the SPI, or I2C interface? I also have a Noritake VFD. Here is a picture of it:

While the Noritake is more programable, I like the lcd, due to lesser power consumption and the 1/5 price. I also like that you can get it in different colors, which would require using filters on the VFD.

--
Brian

Attachments

• noritake.jpg
    noritake.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,122
Good LCD module!

I like the LCD module! perfect!

high quality VFD module also good, but not easy get it with higt cost...(cost not mater in application,I think Noritaki is best choose of VFD module)

now, I have some sample (see picture,in application with filter-film),I think it is fit my application and low cost ( EMI and display quality,and size important to me ), but now, the problem is how to drive .any recommend or good idea?

Attachments

• p0010834.jpg
    p0010834.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,049
DVD-ROM

Brian,

First, let me say that I really admire the work you have posted to this forum. I hope you plan to make a "career" in high-end audio, even though I guess that could spoil some of the fun, and the go against the point of DIY, at least to some.

Anyway, I was wondering if you had ever considered building a "universal" player (i.e., DVD and multi-format CD) and if so, had you come across a quality DVP that could be obtained on an outsourced basis. Thanks.

Vince

Joined 2002
Here is a closeup of the front panel lcd. The hole on the left is the IR sensor, and the symbol after the PLAYING is a rotating graphic that moves when the cd is playing.

Note: the corners of the lcd window are not meant to be rounded outside, but there was some confusion in getting the hole milled, and there wasn't time to get it done again.

--
Brian

Attachments

• cdp-044.jpg
    cdp-044.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 664
Joined 2002
Here is one more shot of the front panel. The bottom corners of the front middle piece weren't originally going to be notched out, but a mistake was made on one side, so both sides were notched out.

The front middle part is 1/2" aluminum, and the sides are 1/4" aluminum. The middle part has a roundover on the edges.

--
Brian

Attachments

• cdp-046.jpg
    cdp-046.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 658
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.