cdpro2 using pic18f452 for control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Brian your work is absolutely stunning!! I really like you button setup, I was thinking of something similar, do you mind if I steal it?

Do you have a drawing of the layout, spacing and dimensions of the button Panel?

I have a local connection for JST connectors pretty cheap, should be ordering a hundred or so on Monday.

Did you say you got a TDA1541 DAC working, did you use one of the chips I sent you, how are they?

Did you have a set of schematics for the power supplies?

Oh yeah, and can you whip up a couple of those switch PSB's and controller boards?

Sorry a lot of questions, but you have been quiet for far to long. :)

BTW - how goes school?

Anthony

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Coulomb said:
Brian your work is absolutely stunning!! I really like you button setup, I was thinking of something similar, do you mind if I steal it?

Do you have a drawing of the layout, spacing and dimensions of the button Panel?

I have a local connection for JST connectors pretty cheap, should be ordering a hundred or so on Monday.

Did you say you got a TDA1541 DAC working, did you use one of the chips I sent you, how are they?

Did you have a set of schematics for the power supplies?

Oh yeah, and can you whip up a couple of those switch PSB's and controller boards?

Sorry a lot of questions, but you have been quiet for far to long. :)

BTW - how goes school?

Anthony

Sorry for the silence :) I have been very busy with school. Finals are this week, and I graduate on Saturday.

The dac power supply is finished, but the dac is still not finished yet. I will finish it monday. I will continue this project after I graduate, and make it good. I have a job lined up and start jan 15th, so this gives me free time :D

The button holes in the front 1/2" thick piece are 1/2" in diameter, spaced 1" apart. The button is slightly less then 1/2" in diameter for the main part, which is 5/8" long (makes button protrude 1/8"). The part of the button that pushes against the back panel is 1/4" thick and 3/4" in diameter. The nipple is 1/8", which allows it to fit the spring snug. I will look for a detailed drawing to post for you.

I have the display pcb layout finished, but not one for the buttons. It is a very simple schematic, and I did it one one of those vector boards, as you can see.

I will work on a dac pcb hopefully soon. This is currently on a vectorboard also.

--
Brian

Hello BrianGt,

I have a question about your microcontroller-interface you build for controlling the CD-Pro II. I am still working on my own interface with an AVR controller. I don´t want to destroy my CD-Pro II by connecting it the wrong way to the microcontroller. I am not sure how to do it the right way. Did you use resistors between the user processor and the DSA-Controller on the pcb of the CD-Pro II? Or did you connect your controller directly to the DSA-Controller?

Would you please send me the schematic of your interface?. Would you send me the sourcecode of your DSA-software too? This would be very helpfull for me and I could learn the things I have to know.

Thomas

Hi BiranGT,

where did you buy your controler ?

I'm expecting to complete my own CD player based on the CDPRO2, DAC made of a couple of TDA1541A and a tube output stage. :D:

But before starting, I'd like to find the adquecat CD controler usinf pic18f452.

Unfortunatly, I could'nt find any PCB for this chip. :devilr:

Did you create yours or did you buy a Kit based on the pic18F452 ?

Here is a player that some of Brians boards are going in. It is getting nearer to completion, I have to finish the button panel, finish machining the top cover, anodizing and add the electronics.

The front legs will glow blue when the unit is powered up. The button panel will glow blue when the tubes for the output have warmed up and will glow read when the player is paused.

More pics under CDPRO at this link

http://24.70.80.252/gallery/album04

Anthony

Attachments

• cdpro chassis.jpg
    cdpro chassis.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 640
Hello BrianGT,

you did a very good job with cdpro2 control via pic18f452.
Since I want to make my own CD transport based on the cdpro2 It was very interesting to read about your experiences you gained durin the project work.
Because I am quite new in the field of controling the cdpro2 I tried to get some information about the dsa protocol and from daisy but without success.
Did you find out about the control command by "listening" to the control lines of a working system or did you get any support from philips?
I would like to do my project with an Atmel AVR and so it could be necessary for me to get some information about the way you control the cdpro2.
Unfortunately your link to your project isn't active. Could you please give me a current link to that project?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.