• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

CCS for tubes/valves: PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got the PCBs this week and wired some up to verify operation. They seem to work just great. The actual group buy will be handled by Planet 10, who's busy pulling together the documentation. My photographic abilities are pretty poor, so I'll rely on Dave to post prototype pictures.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
SY said:
I got the PCBs this week and wired some up to verify operation. They seem to work just great. The actual group buy will be handled by Planet 10, who's busy pulling together the documentation. My photographic abilities are pretty poor, so I'll rely on Dave to post prototype pictures.

If anyone is in a rush, you might be able to talk SY out of some of his... i'm hoping that in the group buy we can get the quantity up enuff to enable an end cost of something like a 3rd of what i ballpark SY's cost on the small run he got (ie target for GB is in the neighborhood of$5/board -- probably a minimum of 5 boards per order)

We've still got a lot of work to do get everythng in place for the GB....

dave

No big hurry... once i get docs etc done, and a little promo, and projects with the prototypes SY has hitting the forum the interest should rise.
Getting rid of the WIKI should make people less reluctant to give up their name. Also tell everyone they can also mail you if they are interested in boards. A lot of people don't want other diy'ers to know that they are going to tinker with tubes for fear of being ridiculed.:D

Bas Horneman said:

Getting rid of the WIKI should make people less reluctant to give up their name. Also tell everyone they can also mail you if they are interested in boards. A lot of people don't want other diy'ers to know that they are going to tinker with tubes for fear of being ridiculed.:D

Yes, one of my friends, a high-end dealer in NYC rolled his eyes, ordered another Stoli and almost fell off his barstool when I told him that my tubed RIAA sounded better.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.