Car subs for home theatre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you very much for your help. Definitely I will include this one. You can see in my references that I have not mentioned about the second part that paper. This was really enlightening.

I was thinking that I have to change my design. My design meets that requirement. The required minimum diameter is 0.125 meters according to the formula given by Dr. Small and I had taken it as 0.13meters.

So I think I can stay with same design without any complication. Thank you once again for the improvement

Thanks and Regards
Renjish

ya i understood it very clearly. iam attaching the calculation

Attachments

• vent requirement.gif
    vent requirement.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 99
Vivek said:
Paul,
I will most likely build two boxes of 60L each (including bracing etc). Effective volume will be around 50L. Then LT them. I think that is the best approach now.

If you tune it to 30hz you should be ok. Any lower and power demands will go up as well and i know you are having a had enough time finding a suitable amp. You should use 2 amps (one for each woofer).

So shall I go ahead and build two 60L boxes? Since I am not really going to build a TL and all that, I think 60L boxes will do even in the event of me building vented boxes.

If I can get it down to 30Hz, that will be pretty good I think. Maybe a slightly higher F3 will also be okay.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.