Car equipment in house it can be done and i am going to do it..EXPERTS!!!! watch me

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 2 close friends, one who grew up in Trinidad, and the other who grew up on Tobago. From what they told me, electricity isnt as reliable as mainland europe or the US. I was also involved in a power generation project in Tobago, which sadly failed miserably a few weeks after install. Consequently, a 12V supply makes perfect sense to me. I dont see why you would be limited to ICE though, many home hifi drivers come out of the US, and id think that was the route for trade, in most things. Rather than car audio, why not consider PA gear? Usually they exhibit higher efficiency and play louder and longer on less juice. Im dreaming of a big dancehall rig!

Get a good quality deep cycle 12v battery and a charger from auto parts store. The battery won't be so bad while you are using it, but you might choose to charge it outside (that's when they make most fumes) For safety, enclose the battery in some kind of box (with vent holes) Use slow charge (2 amp... not 6!) You might be surprised how long the battery will last. The nice thing about using a battery is there is almost now worries about interference and noise from power source. Hey, if there is ever a power failure, you will still have music! I live way up in the mountains, and every winter we get lots of snow... we also get week long power outs. I'm going to have a 12 volt battery with stereo and small lights.
Don't worry about speakers... there are many options and it can be done! I agree with the idea of using woofers that like a bigger box (if you have room) Many designed to be mounted in rear deck (using trunk as the box) will work. Otherwise try small sealed box sub and put it in a corner of room. Have fun (by the way, you are a bit nuts, but so am I ;) )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.