capacitor burn in times? does it needs signal?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hear you. I really did not want to start a big discussion. Just passing on some info.

At my introduction to the IsoTek process, I actually called it snake oil ;)

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip...on-beta-build-fine-tuning-30.html#post3003155

There are many comment between that and the following post - which is simply a report of my personal experience - if you are interested.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip...on-beta-build-fine-tuning-35.html#post3008215

I'll stop here and move on to other areas.

Bob: I don't accuse you, you are not responsible (almost I believe) for such a advertisement, but let's to agree that it can call the attention of a novice or a newbie, and believe that a simple CD can rejuvenate the cathode of an exhausted valve or a leaky cap who scattered cap juice in an entire PCB, or self repair a burned trafo:scratch:.

I know that all promo has a % of lie, but this one has too much. And inexperienced people can get into a trap buying such a product.

Best regards.

I understand your point and honestly never thought about someone thinking a CD could effect physical damage. Good call.

Keeping with the "Snake Oil" analogy, I would place the Isotek process in the same category as putting an additive in the gas tank of an already fully functioning automobile.

As they say: "Your results/mileage may vary" ;)

Last edited:
Although I generally subscribe to "Let sleeping dogs lie" the temptation was too great so I shot off a message to the folks at Isotek asking if they would like to comment on or enter into our discussion. In general they don't post in forums cause that would take the better part of their time.

They did however suggest I simply post a link to what is considered an independent review and let the readers come to their own conclusions.

6moons audio reviews: IsoTek System Enhancer

Their reply included the following:

The CD is based upon simple science and excited intelligently. The Demag is simply down to components within equipment becoming negatively charged. Frequencies with the correct algorithm help change this. Its no voodoo - simple mathematics and careful production. The burn-in again works with specific frequencies and the correct mathematical algorithms. One could play wide bandwidth classical music, but it still wouldn't be as good.

So it would appear that comments like "Just use the amp", "Get a Wing CD", "... any signal with zero DC (like music) will do this" - and my own "Just play Stravinsky's Rite of Spring" are all essentially correct. Isotek (and others) have simply taken the time to zero in on the frequencies, sound patterns and modulations that prove to be most effective - a simple distillation of a myriad of possibilities with a scientific selection process.

Of course everyone can approach "burn-in" from their own point of view, Hopefully the body of knowledge has been increased just a smidgen via the conversation. :up: or :yawn: or :cuss:

Is a positive review on 6moons supposed to be a plus point for a product?

I would love to know the "simple science" and "simple mathematics" they claim to use. And 'Demag' (presumably demagnetisation?) reduces negative (electric?) charge? Vendors of this sort of stuff never learn; better to remain silent and mysterious than talk nonsense and provide ammunition for people who actually know a bit of science. However, they feel they have to have a story and it has to sound 'scientific' (to non-scientists).

a scientific selection process.
I very much doubt it.

O.K. I'll bite.:)

I would submit that any review should be approached as a source of information - be it complementary or derogatory. We all have the ability to determine the value of the content therein, based on our own knowledge and experience.

In this case it would appear the term "scientific" refers to an organized predetermined approach as opposed to a random "hope for the best" non-formatted process. Personally, I couldn't make it past the first page in my daughters calculus text book, and it took weeks for me to learn the correct pronunciation of "algorithm" - that didn't prevent me from understanding that such formulaic tools are useful in both solving problems and collecting data.

Let me ask - are you assuming that every item on this page was developed without the involvement of a single employee with "Real Scientific" knowledge? If so, I would have to say their "Product Promotion Department" has powers never before seen by man.:D

Perhaps there might be at least one "man behind the curtain" there in that corporation (maybe hidden in a closet) that made it much deeper into the calculus textbook than I and many others.

What do you think? :wiz:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.