Can this work

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Would ths design work with this data to get 3m or more horn length

Ciare18_00SW.jpg

scoop.jpg

Whatever you call it, you can't model a tapped horn/pipe/line/scoop with a normal standard (Nd) horn model. You need a sim that includes the rear wave output, like say the TH or OD options in Honresp. ;)

I would use TH here.

This is assuming I understand your intention. Placing the driver in your pic would help clear up any misunderstanding.

No big deal everyone starts off from not knowing anything. ;)

Try this,
Note: it is just a ruff in to set you off, not a final design.

This is what your model should resemble for that type enclosure.
I guessed around a 3"h x ~2"w x 3"d enclosure, so ~500l
Only worrying about 40-100Hz, and size constraints.
claire1.gif

You could hit 30-100Hz easy by lengthening L23, increasing S1, and shrinking S3.

This is also assuming the driver info is good. Never messed with Ciare before.

Last edited:
I just got done going over your other threads, and I am not sure what you are trying to build here.

Can you state the intended use, bandwidth, and max size of your needs. Are you going for one or two? It makes a difference. This driver doesn't really like THs below 40Hz due to mainly it's Re, but If you can wire two in series they work a bit better when going for 20Hz. Are you set on this driver?

Last edited:
Soho I am glad you mention that, bjorno help me with a sim I want to complete overall volume is 767 litre. You can find it under BJORNO IS THIS CORRECT the horn is 29hz at 126 db with one driver.I need help to calculate the export data to bring it live. I am looking for something that play loud, low and deep.

Last edited:
godfrey, you sim explanation example is a front loading horn (Nd) your enclosure drawing is a folded offset driver FLH (OD)
Picky, picky!:D
From other threads I got the idea Kornny liked the sim results shown, but wasn't sure how to turn it into an actual box.

I just wanted to show what the numbers mean in the sim, and give an idea how to fold up the horn shape shown in the sim into a box.

Main point is that (unlike a TH or scoop), the FLH needs a closed box behind the driver.

I was a bit sloppy, drawing it as an OD box, but also thought it would be easier to build that way.

The results are very close anyway - almost identical below 200hZ - if the volumes are made the same.;)

The bottom end can be tweaked nicely by adjusting the front volume a bit (or size of the first section of OD)

There's probably better/easier ways to fold it though. Anybody got ideas?
:)

Attachments

• box.GIF
    box.GIF
    7.9 KB · Views: 329
  • resp.GIF
    resp.GIF
    24.9 KB · Views: 329
godfrey, ;)

kornnylike,
OK, thanks for the info.
The first real problem I see with the original sim, is that it is sim'ed with an exponential flair, and a folded horn would be a conical flair. Unless you have a very high budget. This means the horn will come in much larger than 800l. I am also worried about the compression some.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.