Cabinet Building Technique of the Fanatics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have you bought the drive unit yet? Ideally I need to know the size of the baffle cutout and how deep the basket and magnet is. I can guess the volume the driver will take up but I like to be accurate where possible.

Then I need to know the external diameter of the vent (again you will probably need to buy the drain pipe to get this info) and how long it is. I also need the actual box volume you want.

Finally you must tell me either the width and depth you want so I can work out the height, or the width and height you want so I can work out the depth.

mikee55 - I replied to your message but maybe you didn't get it?

yer right now i dont have the driver it was something i would brought a bit later more knowing if i could get a box done first. no rush on it yet in maybe in a few weeks i will probably buy it.

i think because it used in a home system they tend to go for about liek the ones they had made :)

thanks i will get back to you when im fully ready might be able to ask the 2 others that brought one for the info like sub size 12inch :)

Hey folks,

I started putting together my Rythmik Audio 12" sealed box yesterday. I'm about 75% done. It's a lot of work. My back is killing me today.:D

Here's a link to the box specs:

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/download/DS12s_DIY_plans.pdf

I test fitted most of the panels, and everything seemed to fit together very well. Well, while screwing and gluing brace #2, I noticed that at the bottom, the edges of the brace do not touch the walls of the box. It touches at the top and in the middle, but down near the bottom, there is a gap of about 1/32". I tried squeezing some wood glue in there to hopefully fill in the gap.

Is this going to be an issue?

Also, I've gotten a few small cracks in some of the edges where I ran screws. Will this be a problem?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.