Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurements and Double Blind Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
To get back on topic......

There has been many discussions before on the QP subject, and to refresh our minds somebody took them apart. The main ingredient is a WW resistor, which by nature has a little inductance.

Bybee.jpg

Reply to#46- thanks Djmiddelkoop- that's awesome. Can that encasement stretch to fit around an oppo? Mine seem to do no harm, and seem to take the edge out of long term listening. (Placebo can work too).They'll stay in the crossover if only because it's easier to leave them in .

No, I just measured the DC resistance, but many people might assume that it is just a ceramic shell, which would have a very high resistance. I am not equipped to test the device in the GHz region, where the 'action' most probably is. I don't know for sure, but that is where I would look, if I had the test equipment.

An important point: SY tested a completely different product that is basically a special kind of resistor. The part being discussed is made of a separate quantum device (on the ceramic tube) and a resistor. They use a separate design path to apparently do the same thing. I would think that the ceramic tube type would measure something at GHz frequencies.

Really, how far out did you go?

An important point: SY tested a completely different product that is basically a special kind of resistor.

20GHz. We have a nice R&S GVB20 in the lab. As you'd expect, a series L of a few nH, a series R of 30m-ohm, and a shunt cap of a pF or so, and not significantly different than the cheap resistor I sourced from Mouser or Digikey. Not that any of this is relevant to audio, but since that seemed to be the last straw you were grasping, I thought it would be entertaining to look. The component I tested is labeled as a Bybee Quantum Purifier with all the same claims attached to it, so your second statement would seem to indicate that you agree that it's a fraud.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.