Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurement and Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Brilliant! Sometimes those EE guys are pretty funny.
From a link over there:
spinal_tap_amps.png

I'll try to get to it ASAP (I like to do complete write-ups), but my DCX mods are getting in the way...

Summary:
Materials - not as claimed.
Noise changes in series with a resistor - nope.
Change in ripple current spikes - nope
Change in line noise - nope.
Change in electron velocity - nope.
Change in amplifier noise with "devices" in AC line - nope.
Change in amplifier noise with "devices" in grid circuit - nope.
DCR versus frequency - flat to beyond audibility.

The CNT thing to which John alludes is thoroughly irrelevant; sorry, no Nobel Prizes here. I see he hasn't bothered actually gathering data, nor has the delightfully one-note exeric.

more importantly, does it float:D

Then what is it? How can you know what it is, without taking it apart? I have seen one apart, and I don't know from visual inspection EXACTLY what it is. How can you, SY, know without even removing the cover? Even then, without breaking it apart to find the 'resistor'? Do you have a mass spectrometer? You had better, if you want to figure it out, and an electron or at least an ultraviolet microscope would be useful. My 1000X microscope gave me little evidence, those nanotubes are really tiny. Please put up your evidence, or forever hold your piece. I will be very grateful, if you find me wrong in my assessment about these devices.

Do you have a mass spectrometer? You had better, if you want to figure it out, and an electron or at least an ultraviolet microscope would be useful. My 1000X microscope gave me little evidence, those nanotubes are really tiny.

Your mass spectrometer won't give you much evidence either, even if there are CNTs in them... You'll get peaks at 12 + multiples whether they're nanotubes or soot.

There's an old saying, something along the lines of "if it quacks like a 0.025R..."

I'd bet an awful lot of money that there are no nanotubes in a bybee, what did he use in the origional in the 70's. (oh sorry forgot its top secret, blah de blah). That said why are the bybee's the only type of these components in existance and why are they only available to audiophiles, cant find them in any of the electronic parts catalogues.

Do you have a mass spectrometer? You had better, if you want to figure it out, and an electron or at least an ultraviolet microscope would be useful.

A bilateral frammistat might be more appropriate.

C'mon, John, you're losing your creativity here. Better think harder or you might miss the next ride in the Bentley. God forbid you actually do an experiment and post the results.

Gosh! You mean Johns little snippets of information are red herrings, or are they to give some hope to those who own QP's that there is some dark, yet undiscovered phenomena at work here.:)
Again, unanswered as yet, John or others in the QP camp, why is this component not available outside of the Audiophile circle of suppliers? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.