Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurement and Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be concerned like you if SY was not putting all of the data and the procedure in the open market. Once its there, its open to interpretation.

Until its there, its premature to judge the quality of the testing.

I note with HUGE interest that SY is the only one who HAS empirically tested the units (current absence of data notwithstanding). Says a lot about the faith of those who support them.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes I do and have. It was not an unsubtle improvement. And no, (to panomaniac) a .025 ohm resistance could not have caused it. I stand by my statement that lack of bias or emotional need for a certain result is essential in all testing. If that isn't obvious then there's no hope for you pano. I will say no more and if this is enough for you or a cohort to ban me then it is worth it. Sometimes one has to take a stand for what is right, regardless of the cost.

Why would you be banned for this?
It makes a nice emotional argument to claim that you are taking some risk,
but is a bit of a straw man. People tend to get banned for being abusive or insulting, not for disagreeing.

There is no right track, there is no consipiricy in the measurements, there may be some over-zealus marketing claims made about a resistor wrapped in a bit of PVC. If the Bybee was such a wonderful component for noise reduction it would be readily available and widely used in a number of areas of electronics, one of the major ones being communications systems.
I'm sorry if the results dont fit with some peoples views, but as always suspected many many many threads and posts (not only this thread, but others here and on other forums) ago, by the more rational that there is more mystique than substance regarding the QP.
Of course anything said rationaly about such things, will be dismised by the belivers as the rantings of a philistine(s), who's system, ears, intellect are not refined enough to hear any differences, and who require empirical data to back up experiments etc.
A more relevant calculation would be the much simpler:
V=I.R

As I said to pano, if it isn't obvious after the discussion throughout this thread there is no hope in just repeating the arguments. I really think it is futile to put something obvious in front of someone like you who willingly blinds themselves. I've done it before. I'm not going to do it again. Go back and read what I've said before if you are interested. I just wanted everyone to be reminded that there remains a profound smell to the circumstances of this investigation of the Bybees.

But arent you curious to know what this device is, does the mystique surrounding this device not make you suspicious,even if it does sound better in your system?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Well the trouble with SY and his band of dirty objectivists is that they take all the fun and mystery out of life. Where's the romance?
Killjoys, Party Poopers. I've told him so. He doesn't seem to mind.

FWIW, I have not seen the measurements, so can't comment on whether they actually look just like a resistor. We'll have to wait on that one.

I'll try to get to it ASAP (I like to do complete write-ups), but my DCX mods are getting in the way...

Summary:
Materials - not as claimed.
Noise changes in series with a resistor - nope.
Change in ripple current spikes - nope
Change in line noise - nope.
Change in electron velocity - nope.
Change in amplifier noise with "devices" in AC line - nope.
Change in amplifier noise with "devices" in grid circuit - nope.
DCR versus frequency - flat to beyond audibility.

The CNT thing to which John alludes is thoroughly irrelevant; sorry, no Nobel Prizes here. I see he hasn't bothered actually gathering data, nor has the delightfully one-note exeric.

SY, why don't you send me a copy of your results, and I will confront Jack Bybee with it.
So far as I can tell, you have only measured the RESISTIVITY of the total device, and casually listened to it. If you have done more, please prove it. You didn't take the device apart, so how do you know what is inside?
For the record, the 'resistor' in the smaller device is NOT the Bybee purifier itself, it never was. In fact, Jack used to find the right value power resistors and put them in PARALLEL with the real quantum device to make the Purifier work. The quantum devices themselves have changed over the years, and 'better' resistors have been sourced. I can promise you that you can't source Jack's .025 ohm resistors. If I have been led astray by Jack Bybee, and reality is NOT what I have seen, heard, and been told, I will accept this, but please PROVE IT first.

I'll try to get to it ASAP (I like to do complete write-ups), but my DCX mods are getting in the way...

Summary:
Materials - not as claimed.
Noise changes in series with a resistor - nope.
Change in ripple current spikes - nope
Change in line noise - nope.
Change in electron velocity - nope.
Change in amplifier noise with "devices" in AC line - nope.
Change in amplifier noise with "devices" in grid circuit - nope.
DCR versus frequency - flat to beyond audibility.

The CNT thing to which John alludes is thoroughly irrelevant; sorry, no Nobel Prizes here. I see he hasn't bothered actually gathering data, nor has the delightfully one-note exeric.

So, did you come to a conclusion? :)

You can wait and read it here like everyone else. That will give you time to start formulating hypotheses involving gigahertz resonances and quantum tunneling rather than doing the controlled listening tests that you know in your heart of hearts won't show a blessed thing. Get to it, bullchips doesn't sell itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.