Bybee Music Rails ®

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, to you he will always be just that. For me, however, now knowing him fairly well for the last 16 years, he is less of a mystery. However, there are parts of his past that are 'classified' and we have to tread lightly, at times.
This is what I know of Jack Bybee. I first met him when he was about 65 years old, when my boss, (the guy I talked business with, today) asked me to try these strange devices. I tried them, and found them to work (for me).
Jack Bybee is a rather conservative, music loving, fairly wealthy guy, who made his money outside of audio. He has only done audio accessories for something to do in his retirement years.

He has had several business partners, but he prefers to work for himself, in his garage.
Usually, the pressures of making products in any significant number, bores him, and he usually goes back to 'playing' in the lab.
In recent years, Jack has diverted into active noise reduction, working with another engineer who does the actual design of the modules. I have worked with this engineer, and he has multiple degrees in Physics and Engineering, and is VERY competent. As good as anyone I have ever worked with. He designed the Bybee noise reduction circuitry, however, he also works with Jack on the passive stuff, at least as a listener and critic. The passive stuff, to the best of my knowledge, is exotic and there is no data sheet available for the components.

In each and every case where it was actually taken apart and analyzed (to the best of their ability) the true nature of the devices is elusive, but their effect is detectable, and this has been shown to be so with a number of people, some even not liking the effect, in some audio systems. I have been a witness when adding the Bybee passive devices just in series with the AC line, negatively effected on serious hi fi playback system.

Nice smokescreen, John.

You claimed "Jack Bybee has been patenting ideas for many decades, unfortunately many are still classified, but I know that he has sold some patents in the past to different companies."

Yet there's no evidence to indicate that Jack has ever had his name on so much as one single patent until 2007.

So how exactly did you come to make such a claim, John?

Did you just make it up for the purpose of blowing some Bybee smoke up our *****?

Or is Jack blowing smoke up yours?

se

I really don't know, Steve. Just what Jack has told me, over the years. It doesn't matter much, in any case. Personally, I don't care if you or anyone else ever tries a Bybee device, and people here have been offered their money back for any initial purchases, made for whatever reason. Jack doesn't care one way or another.

Empiricism (belief in one's senses as a primary source of information) seems far distant from willful blindness and quackery. Personally, I think Bybee's purifier products may have 3rd order effects, and maybe I'll consider them when I get all the 1st and 2nd order issues sorted.

Last edited:
I like the term, 'Empiricism', Thune. 'Whatever works' is my motto! You are right that the Bybee passive devices are a 'well to do' man's audio accessory, and not a primary modifier of audio quality. You have to get it almost perfectly right first, then add it, and see. Only my very best stuff gets into Jack's audio system and his friends. I often lose to tubes, and really, really high end digital, and my Parasound designs just don't come up to the mark. Even my Vendetta Research phono preamp is being left behind with the passing of time. Keeps me on my toes, that's for sure.

Bybee Music Rails is a separate business started by Jack and left to others to run. Jack likes to keep busy, obviously, but he does not handle the day-to-day business of Bybee Music Rails, he has better things to do.
However, the patents are in his name with these recent designs, because he has the 'muscle' to defend them from 'blatant ripoff' which is what Mark Levinson once promised me, when the JC-1 circuit got patented. Without the 'muscle' a patent is virtually useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.