Burning Amp BA-3b (Balanced)

Applies to all amplifiers.
If two amplifiers are inside the same PE connected chassis, then the two channels have a common connection.

dual mono is exactly as described above, two amplifiers inside a common chassis.

Mono is one amplifier inside a chassis. There is no possibility of a common connection to any other amplifier inside that single amplifier chassis.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
...and here is the complete BA-3 board

hey, thats a great way to do it

hmm, means in SE mode there will be 4 output channels available, yes ? :D

Andrew, we will patiently waiting for you to build the CD drive/DAC combo in seperate mono to match it :D

power amp monos makes sense because the next stage is always mono, the speakers
and you can build bigger and have more power supply

for 'sensitive' low level signals I think its rubbish that seperate chassies should have any advantage, on the contrary
but that said, using two trafos, it would be optimal with seperate mono chassies, yes I would think so too

but if you plan to have the BA-3 frontend in its own chassie(s), and seperated from power(buffer) output(BA1/BA2), then there could be lots of ongoing speculation on how or why :scratch2:

ok, maybe we could limit it to where it would make sense to seperate the ground 'signal' into seperate chassies :eek:

Attachments

• BA3 se-bal switch.jpg
    BA3 se-bal switch.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 1,044
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Here are small knapsack circuits ......

OFF-ON-OFF = balanced, the two 100R resistors are in line, ON-OFF-ON =unbalanced, the two resistors are laid to ground.

what kind of switch is best ?
this one, or small toggle switch ?
but if the changing from, SE in and balanced out, to SE in SE out, then what happens around the input output interconnect plugs
more things will change

i can not check out and log out from The Store
PayPal gateway has rejected request. The field Shipping Address State is required (#10729: Shipping Address State Empty).

can not check out cause said required filled address
- my address is the same filled with paypal

can not log out
- cause the currency place in the web look the same
place with the log out place

anybody here want to sell BA-3B ?
please PM me

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
hey, thats a great way to do it

hmm, means in SE mode there will be 4 output channels available, yes ? :D

Andrew, we will patiently waiting for you to build the CD drive/DAC combo in seperate mono to match it :D

power amp monos makes sense because the next stage is always mono, the speakers
and you can build bigger and have more power supply

for 'sensitive' low level signals I think its rubbish that seperate chassies should have any advantage, on the contrary
but that said, using two trafos, it would be optimal with seperate mono chassies, yes I would think so too

but if you plan to have the BA-3 frontend in its own chassie(s), and seperated from power(buffer) output(BA1/BA2), then there could be lots of ongoing speculation on how or why :scratch2:

ok, maybe we could limit it to where it would make sense to seperate the ground 'signal' into seperate chassies :eek:

who made the bal/unbal card?? is it up for sale??
stig

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Applies to all amplifiers.,,,,,,,,

but noit mine and not proper amplifiers
splittin' da hair , again ?

when each channel is having own PSU , and audio gnd connected via NTC to chassis , it is completely irrelevant are these two channels in one or two cases ;

audio gnds will meet . through two NTCs ,at safety ground , either in one chassis or at wall

what kind of switch is best ?
this one, or small toggle switch ?
but if the changing from, SE in and balanced out, to SE in SE out, then what happens around the input output interconnect plugs
more things will change

No, nothing else has to be switched. Just install one XLR input and output terminal each for balanced mode (one channel) and two RCA terminals each for unbalanced stereo mode (two channels). So you can operate the BA-3 module eather balanced mono or unbalanced stereo by simply connecting the XLRs or the RCAs to your source and the following power stages (you have to switch the small onboard DIL switch accordingly, of course).

No, nothing else has to be switched. Just install one XLR input and output terminal each for balanced mode (one channel) and two RCA terminals each for unbalanced stereo mode (two channels). So you can operate the BA-3 module eather balanced mono or unbalanced stereo by simply connecting the XLRs or the RCAs to your source and the following power stages (you have to switch the small onboard DIL switch accordingly, of course).

Sorry, I misunderstood your comment. But SE in and balanced out is not an issue, too. Connect the right channel RCA in to your source and stick a shortcut U-plug into the XLR in (from – in to ground). That’s all.