Burn In speakercable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
No worries, if you need to slow down fast stick your hand out the window, ideally, holding a hankie. The only problem is the car might start veering left. :)

I have driven a Prius; I never drove a car that got off from a standing start so fast. (And yes, I've driven 450hp+ cars before). The seemingly unlimited torque of an electric drive needs to be experienced to believe it!

jd

I wonder if the Hybrid power train and wiring requires any "burn in" to deliver the ultimate driving experience :D
What about the invertor... maybe we will see some threads on "swapping caps" etc.

Perhaps the batteries become more powerful after conditioning, lower impedance - more powerful acceleration.

But don't all cars are said to drive better after the first year. Or is it the first month.

The auto market (as well as the auto-audio market) is much much bigger than the audio market there's bound to be some elements of the audio market in there, but at a larger scale.

Burn in often takes as long as your ears do to get used to the slight change a new cable makes...

It varies to be honest. Some products take ages (the first Naim Nait5/CD5 took a month left on 24/7 before they fully settled down from new). Other products/cables are "right" straight out of the box (my AVI gear were wonderful in this respect and had no temperament at all).

P.S. I found that if I removed and replaced the connectors in my system once or twice a year, the sound appeared to change for a very short while. It wasn't a big difference though.

if it's preferable, I can send both cables un-burned to SY. Then he can burn them in, write down which is which, and send them to Andre at which point Andre will have to run his selection by SY. That way the new guy (that's me) is out of the picture.... other than making the cables of course
Hmm... looks like it was never properly agreed who was going to do what.:(

I replaced all the speaker cable in my bass rig over the last 2 days. This time I'll admit I used some really good stuff.
I found a great deal on Carol Cable 4 conductor 12 gauge at Home Depot. I figure that since they make cable for the electrical utilities industry, they must really know their stuff! My speakers couldn't possibly sound better!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.