Burn In speakercable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
John, please, can you stop speaking in riddles? What IS being done here? What is your perception of it? I'm trying to organize an honest test here. I don't understand you at all.

He called us brainwashed. Kinda funny he uses a book that references such assorted characters as Occult expert and the inspiration for Scientology Alexander Crowley and a wack nut hippy who's answer to the meaning of life was to stop trying to learn and take a bunch of drugs. Fun reading

http://www.rawilsonfans.com/downloads/prometheus.pdf

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
SY is incorrect. I just don't do HIS tests. I know better.

Why? And please don't send me to send that book, or anything that's remotely connected to any cult.

Could you please spell out the incorrectness of what you call SY's test?

If I may add, we have an input into how the test is to be run; I invited you personally for input. I see it as our test, not SY's test. SY is not our ruler and I didn't get the impression that he was even trying. There are no conspiracies here.

Key has done us a great service. He found the book for free. Just read the first chapter, nothing more is necessary.

In 1967, Jerry debated Timothy Leary about the merits of LSD. Jerry hurled the timeless epithet "********!" at Leary, who was sitting in the lotus position near a candle. This in response to Leary (a licensed psychologist) characterizing the frank symptoms of temporal lobe epilepsy as a religious experience. (The event was later broadcast uncensored by a public television station, which may be the first time that such a taboo word was ever spoken on broadcast television.)

The Jerry being Jerome Lettvin, quite involved at one time with audio too.

Is a control pair included, one identified as broken-in?

Yes, the first pair that's sent (to see if the differences can be heard) would be marked as to which one was burned in and which one isn't.

edit: Of course, if the objection is, "But the original pair will be older!" then two more reference cables could be included. That certainly doesn't break the blind protocol.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.