Burn In speakercable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Edmond, behave will you? :D

Seriously, I'm fine with you going after those whom makes extraordinary claims, and won't step up to the plate and prove their claims, BUT Andre actually has taken the challenge, and that deserves respect.
Magura :)

Don't worry, Andre does have my respect. His attitude is way better than.........well, you know how I mean. Please, don't confuse him with that other guy.

C. E.

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
Guys, no offense, but I will not take into account input from those that are trying to derail the train. I and a few others agree to put time of our own into this test so please, whatever your views, at least respect that we're trying.

I have absolutely no bias on the issue here, and in fact, besides satisfying my curiousity, no other objective.

I will setup a wiki for the test, link will follow shortly.

The test will have two parts, the second part conditional on the first. We will send Andre only two cables first, one classified as burned-in, and the other as not burned-in. If he can tell the difference to his satisfaction, then we can proceed to part 2, where the test will involved more cables and they will not classified.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
If JC is good enough to agree to a test like you are proposing, then it should be fairly straightfoward to come up with a simple method that all sides can agree on... and leave it that. Don't keep moving the goal posts or coming with weird ways of implementing it all.

If John (or anyone else) can pick out the cables and the result is statistically valid then you all have more to talk about...

It's a fantastic opportunity... for all involved... and those that just find the subject interesting.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
..then it should be fairly straightfoward to come up with a simple method that all sides can agree on...

We have done. Read back a few posts. Mostly SY's idea, and it's a good one.

Also remember, if the Listener gets it 100% wrong, that's also significant. :)
In other words, it does not matter if he incorrectly identifies the cable as new or bunt-in. As long as he correctly separates the 2 groups. That's all.

That's why I've made the point several times that it needs to be a cable which is agreed (by the test subject) to have a long break-in time.

Seems to me that the 'single crystal' cables take longer (silver even more) to burn in, they are expensive however.

The test will have two parts, the second part conditional on the first. We will send Andre only two cables first, one classified as burned-in, and the other as not burned-in. If he can tell the difference to his satisfaction, then we can proceed to part 2, where the test will involved more cables and they will not classified.

I would prefer two cables, A and B, without knowing which set is burned in, I will tell if I can hear a difference, if so, which set are burned in. You can tell afterwards whether it is correct.

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
Hi Andre, first let me say that I speak for many here, and we appreciate your willingness to test this. Please look at it as fun, not a life and death. There are so many more important things in life that we should take seriously. I know it's difficult, but I would like to also encourage you to not listen to those who so easily want to insult anyone simply because of different views or how we express them.

Now about your preference of a one shot test of two cables. Even a positive result can be refuted by those who are against. A sample of one is not significant. Then we put all this effort and we gained nothing. Please think about it. I am about to finish a wiki page in which the details are better described and hopefully you will find that acceptable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.