Burn In speakercable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"The Wikipedia" can help

"Engineering physics (EP) is an academic degree, available mainly at the levels of B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D. Unlike other engineering degrees (such as aerospace engineering or electrical engineering), EP does not necessarily include a particular branch of science or physics. Instead, EP is meant to provide a more thorough grounding in applied physics of any area chosen by the student (such as optics, nanotechnology, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, control theory, aerodynamics, or solid-state physics). This is why in some countries only the B.Sc. part of the degree is called a degree in Engineering Physics.

Engineering physics degrees are respected degrees taught in many countries. It is notable that in many languages the term for Engineering Physics would be directly translated into English as "technical physics". In some countries, both what would be translated as "Engineering physics" and what would be translated as "Technical physics" are disciplines leading to academic degrees, with the former specializes in nuclear power research,[1] and the latter closer to engineering physics.[2]

More recently, as an apparent attempt to stress the interdisciplinary nature of such degrees, some institutions now use the term Engineering science."

No, but we were talking about break-in, something that anyone can do, and changing it to more esoteric stuff, just to put everyone down, rather than face the subject. That's life, and I have seen it before. By the way, as anyone actually found that copper has different resistivitiy depending on its purity and annealing, yet? A miracle? No, just engineering-physics.

Even Einstein had to objectively prove his claims before anyone took him seriously.

And though Einstein was confident in his theory and mathematical proof, he had to see the objective proof before he was unequivocally convinced. The proof came through observation of deflected starlight passing near the sun during a total eclipse some years after the published theory.

To complete my question, it is not the resistivity itself that is the key. It is that the resistivity can change with impurities and mechanical, and temperature manipulation. How do we normally measure resistance? Is it similar in magnitude and complexity to what we actually use the wire for? What about resistance at very low voltages? Is it always the same as at higher voltages? Can you prove it? How would you prove it? What sort of impurity makes a diode? Does copper with oxygen make a diode? How about other impurities?
Just a few simple questions, that some people might be interested in. However, your normal engineer-technician doesn't care or need to know, except in rare instances.
That's all you need to know.

I measure at -150dB consistently and there are differences showing up. Malcolm measures at -160dB consistently with an averaging algorithm that escaps my comprehension abilities and even more differences show up. John, i have had the privilege to talk to you on the phone at least, you said it often and nobody listens : the ear is much more discriminating then some people like to agree here. If it is audible i give a **** if it is measurable. You proved so many times that you can make equipment sound good that more people should take your advice. I know how it feels when a whole lifes work is in danger. Teach me and i am your apprentise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.