Building the Nathan 10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
markus76 said:
Looks goodt! I guess it isn't possible to move the pocket holes to the inside because of the rounded corners? Will there be a second board behind the front baffle so the woofer can be flush mounted?

Best, Markus

Yeah, with the roundovers there is nothing to screw into if you were to put the pocket holes on the inside.

There is the second 1/2" thick layer included on these. They just weren't there in the picture.

John

pedroskova said:
Was there any particular reason for not locating the pocket holes in the interior of the box?

Yes, per the post a couple spots above, with the 1" radius there is no way to do it. The ends of the screws would be sticking out of the radiused ends. If you want you can get the pocket hole plugs just about anywhere: http://www.pocketholejigs.com/pocketplugs.htm You should be able to get them at home depot, lowes, any specialty woodworking stores, etc. Glue them in and sand flush when dry. Or you can simply use almost any kind of body filler or wood filler. I'd typically sugest the body filler method. See back a few pages where I recommended the best affordable options.

John

Here's how mine currently stand after using the 1.25" radius roundover. Had to make myself a DIY router table just to use that bit, but it actually turned out really well and it's probably better than the router table I was using before.

372588533_VmGgK-XL.jpg

DIY router table.

372588408_7VzTb-M.jpg

after eading

this thread, I knwo I am going to heaven!

$1200...

$1200????? This is comparable to usuary.

a crime in many places on earth.

I cannot and will not believe that some one would want to pay $1200 for crap like this.

furthermore I do not believe that a supplier who supplies kits that it surely is fabricating himself says things like
this tool is not a common one.........

Spending $1200 and having to sand down 1/4" of the delivered materials is CRAZY!
This, instead of handling this gently, should be brought to the attention of your local consumer right defenders.

the hardware are worth not more than $25
the speakers when bought wholesale not more than $300 per set.
selling this and using the tone in certain conversations that are condescending is one of the roadways to high crime!

I just cannot believe that no one is as disgusted as me.

I did not post earliere because till now i was so sick of this it raised my bloodpressure to dramatic levels!

seriously!

Jean-Pierre

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
FrankWW said:
John, (MJL21193),

Do you think that Sherwin Williams floor paint would go on OK with a brush?

Hi Frank,

Depends upon your expectations for finish quality. It will go on fairly smooth with a brush, but will not be as smooth as a solvent based alkyd or urethane paint, simply because it dries very quickly.
I tried it for spraying based on it's published specs from Sherwin Williams, and a desire to find a good paint to spray that will not poison me. It is hard and tough and dries fast. It cleans up with water and sprays beautifully.
I did try to roll it on and sand smooth for polishing, but it backfired. Details here.

Thanks, John,

I missed that post.

Living in an apartment, I'm always looking for ways to get stuff done that don't impinge on the neighbours.

The last time I fired up a circular saw on the balcony, they said things to me. :bigeyes: As well, living downtown, there's really too much dirt in the air because of the the continual construction, to paint outside - so I'm confined to those Sunday mornings when there's no wind.

I think it's actually cost effective to have the guys in the body shop spray them for me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.