Building a symmetrical PSU B1 buffer

the rig you request consists of a DC power supply with a voltage ~=capacitor voltage rating.
A 100k resistor and three croc ended test leads.

A 63V capacitor will charge initially @ ~0.6mA falling to 0.2mA when the capacitor is ~2/3rds charged.
Leakage will extend the reforming time from <24hrs to infinity, unless you arrange for the charging voltage is exceed the cap rating by a significant margin.
This higher voltage will require much reforming experience with each type and brand of capacitor before you could safely leave them overnight.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The 3 led strings are upping the current as much as they widen from CCS Mosfet Vgs and vice versa. In your case you just may get a little less current running in the regs, which is a multiple of what is needed anyway by enough times.

The Vout gave me enough contention around the 10V mark +/- 0.5V-1V. That is not about working, it could work in a wide range.

Very nice and rare semis! You can even build an interesting SRPP line preamp with those VFet as published on MJ several years ago.

Thanks massimo, will put this together first once Tea-Bag's board is in. Yeah, could try out the SRPP or the CCS version later, should be easy to swap around :D BTW, could you point out the link to that MJ article if available on line? :p

Another one is alive. :cool:

I used the parts from the BOM and matched 170's from Spencer and all worked the first time. The output shows 0 to 1 mV.

The unit tested ok on my 6v6SET. I listened just for a few minutes as it a test setup so I have no listening impression yet.

And now for the casing...

Thanks for this project!!

Jeroen

Attachments

• power_on.jpg
    power_on.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 666
  • power_off.jpg
    power_off.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 650