Building a sub in a stereo cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi again,

Went through the numbers, and came up with a port of 14cm / 5.5" length. I'll attach the revised Hornresp screens (again, remember that the peak should not be as high), and a screen plot of the spreadsheet:

Regards,

When I tried to input he parameters as you show, I get to Cms fine, but it calculates a different value. Mmd is also wrong.

Are you entering these parameters by dlicking on the box, or through another mechanism?

Thanks.

I'll switch back to the 5.5" tube when I get a chance to work on it again (caught the creepy cruds).

Steven

Attachments

• DB34.JPG
    DB34.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 42
Entering T/S parameters in Hornresp

Hi TheGimp,

Enter Sd from the data sheet, then double-click the Cms box, and enter the respective values, and so on in the other boxes. Hornresp will calculate the box value when you enter the values it asks for (Re and Le you just enter the values). When you're done double-click on Sd, and Hornresp will give you the T/S parameters which you can compare to the ones on the data sheet as a control.

Regards,

Post #45

Hi TheGimp,

Sorry, don't quite get what you are saying, I'm guessing that you're refering to the Cms box. Cms will show 5.17E-04 when you enter Vas as 33.69L for an Sd of 213.80cm^2. The data sheet I have lists Vas as 33.8L, which will give you a Cms of 5.19E-04. Either one is close enough.

Ap is an entered value.

Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.