Build thread - building the Subbu DAC V3 SE

Hi,
Facing new issue.My dac was not turning on.So checked voltage and l found power supply voltage dropped to 3.5 or less if dac is connected to it.Else 4.93v.
So changed to LM317 psu and with it 4.99 turned to 4.5v.When l touched L1,L2, it was almost hot.
Tried reflowing it but no luck.So what can be an issue?
Did L1, L2 changed values or anything else?

Last edited:
Here's a build I just completed for someone who bought one of my three sets of Subbu PCBs

All in all, a very fun build! Sounds really good too! :)

All the best!
Do

2018-11-10 13.07.44.jpg

2018-11-10 13.08.00.jpg

2018-11-10 16.57.12.jpg

2018-11-10 16.57.18.jpg

Nice built. I have looked over my subbu dac for any upgrades or modifications to my initial built and have made sure that i fix the C7 orientation cap. for what it's worth is the C7 capacitor orientation in your built needing to be fixed or..... ? according to the picture in page 1 of this tread ?

rol

Hey,
Resurrecting this old thread in the hopes of procuring a pcb for the power supply or even a complete set of boards. I have been unable to participate in my hobby for some years and am excited to be at it again. One of the projects I was working on is this DAC. I have two parts kits, one main pcb. I need the PS pcb and the DAC chips. I ordered the chips ( hope they are real) and am now on the hunt for the psu board.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would be happy to contract out the boards if I had the gerber files.
Thanks everyone, it’s great to be back and building again.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Hi,

I could sell a populated - and optimised from the building special thread by BCMBOB- set to you (so in working condition) but I have no idea of the price it should be today for the two populated boards shipped from EU ?

An idea anyone ? Anyway pm me if interrested cause I have two kits.

I have an unpopulated PSU PCB if you'd like. PM me if interested.
OK thank you! I’m excited now!! I’ve had this kit for some time now, I can finally see well enough again to be able to build it! I even have some of those special boards around too. Buffers I think, been a while.
Now as my wish has come true, could I possibly reach for the stars here and inquire if there is another set of boards?? I do have to sets of parts!!
Thanks again, that is what is so great about this community!!

I recently had the DAC board a few months back. Built it for a friend and the project called for a larger PSU... hence the extra PSU board.

The JG buffer is definitely a bonus (or I'd even say required at least in my case) with the ES9023 type DACs.

Glad I could be of help.

Last edited: