• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sharing the SE outputs between a headphones and a high-impedance load (amplifier) if the way to go.

Just curious though; if I'm already using the SE outputs on the IVY board to drive a pair of speakers, would I still tap into the SE output for the headphone jack? Would this affect the output to the speakers, since the signal is being shared between two sources?

I am finishing one of these now. I need to have an LED indicating power on. I have used both a Placid and Placid BP for power supplies. Can I just tap in to the test points on the Placid for the led? That should not hurt anything right? I know it's a dumb question but I had to ask before I mess something up.

I am finishing one of these now. I need to have an LED indicating power on. I have used both a Placid and Placid BP for power supplies. Can I just tap in to the test points on the Placid for the led? That should not hurt anything right? I know it's a dumb question but I had to ask before I mess something up.

Just use a resistor from the Placid output. Typically (depending on LED), shoot for 12-15mA, so

R = .012/[Your output voltage]

As Corpius pointed out, readjust the shunt current when you are done.

That was the first thing I checked. It's not the LED's themselves it's that I have no voltage going to them. I switched to each input and none of them have power going to the LED's. I did check that there was voltage getting to the selector switch and there is 3.4v from pin 4 to ground and none anywhere else on the board. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?

I found the problem, loose connection on one end of the ribbon cable to the switch, and it is fixed now. I just needed to not look at it for a day and go back with fresh eyes.

Now that the leds do light up they are very dim. Almost unnoticeable really. I will change the resistor and see what happens tonight.

If I have any more problems I will start a thread in the support forum Russ. I did not think of that when I originally asked the question.

I just finished this one for a member at head-fi. It sounds amazing and I would recommend it to anyone.

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1457.JPG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.