• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Angcl

I tried taking a single ended output in this way, but got a distorted and noisy signal. This was using both Legato and another low impedance I/V stage- i.e. using the DAC in current mode.

No idea why this should be, so it might not persist if you use the DAC in voltage mode. But I certainly understand your reasons for trying it, if you have an SE amp- it avoids the subsequent need for a extra balanced to SE converter stage, keeping the signal path shorter

Paul N

Hi,
If I have the need to cable between the output stage and DAC module, what is the longest cable I can put without compromising the sound?

Regards!

3.782 inches.

Just kidding. There is no way to know with the information you shared.

It will also depend on many factors - like how well you dress your wires etc. The type of output stage will make a difference here too. So the only honest answer is you will just have to try it out and see if it works well. If you find your picking up noise or something you will have to try again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.