• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for quick reply. It's important to me, because i dont' have enough room in my enclosure for 4spdif board.
Can you tell me dimensions of this little 1spdif board? It will be stacked over another board (B3) or not?

I believe the single SPDIF board has the same footprint as the old B2 board, so it should stack nicely over your B3/IVY stage.

SPDIF Board Layout

We keep the moderation to a minimum, but in this case a post was deleted because I had directed that that sort of post should be in its own thread, and I gave prior warning. :)

I also do not happen to believe it is good information because it does not jibe with prior measured nor experienced results.

There is no other reason beyond that.

Last edited:
LEDs

Hi

I am soldering the components to the BIII and other boards. Now, shouldn't the LEDs '+' (the longer leg) goes into the square pad? But on the silkscreen, the flat side of the LED is the '-' of the LED. I have now soldered all my LEDs '+' to the square pads when I noticed the flat side of the LEDs. Should I reverse all of these??

Thanks.

Have you measured the temperature? LCDPS should be able to handle the load. As long as you are below 55C or so your in very good shape. If your above that I would use a larger heatsink.

Rule of thumb (or finger :)) for casual temp measurements... at 60C, you should be able to touch the heatsink for about 2-3 seconds before having to pull away.

Rule of thumb (or finger :)) for casual temp measurements... at 60C, you should be able to touch the heatsink for about 2-3 seconds before having to pull away.

I haven't any equipment to measure the temperature. I could able to touch those heatsink 2-3 secs, just feel very hot, but it wouldn't hurt me.
I just worry about the high temperature will shorten the components's life.

p.s. today I bought two heatsinks which like the stock one but double the height, hope it can solve the problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.