• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Question about the S/PDIF input module... what are the outputs of J1 on the board? I'm assuming A, B, C, D are related to the outputs... but are there any other lines that need to be connected to the BIII from this board, other than GND? (I am planning on using an Arduino to control the input switching instead of the included switch)

Are the first set of pins with the white dot beside them VCC and GND?

Last edited:
Question about the S/PDIF input module... what are the outputs of J1 on the board? I'm assuming A, B, C, D are related to the outputs... but are there any other lines that need to be connected to the BIII from this board, other than GND? (I am planning on using an Arduino to control the input switching instead of the included switch)

Are the first set of pins with the white dot beside them VCC and GND?

You would connect that board the same way regardless of which controller you used.

The pins for Ext/IO is 24 pins ,but the connector provide is 20pins ,so the other 4 pins don't need to connect ? correct or the connector is wrong ?:)

Thanks

there are two headers in the kit. One is 20-pin shrouded (plastic wall surrounding the pins) and one is 24-pin unshrouded. The 20-pin shrouded connector is for the input, the 24-pin unshrouded is for Ext/IO.

Additionally, there is a 20-pin IDC connector and a piece of ribbon cable for use with the input connector (optional).

The S/PDIF module and Sidecar come with mating headers/connectors for use with the ribbon cable.

there are two headers in the kit. One is 20-pin shrouded (plastic wall surrounding the pins) and one is 24-pin unshrouded. The 20-pin shrouded connector is for the input, the 24-pin unshrouded is for Ext/IO.

Additionally, there is a 20-pin IDC connector and a piece of ribbon cable for use with the input connector (optional).

The S/PDIF module and Sidecar come with mating headers/connectors for use with the ribbon cable.

but the BIII ext/IO is 24 pins, the 20 pin shrouded only connect to 20 pins,the rest of 4 pins no connection ,corrrect ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.