Brown Dog adapters - in Europe?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Tips for soldering

ALW said:

1. Buy a flux rework wand

These are a large felt tip pen, filled with rework flux - get a no-clean one for less mess

Andy.

Dou you have a picture of this tool? I never saw one, and I don't think that it has the same name in french, so the guy at the store won't understand me :D

BTW, what is the role of the flux? I ever wondered

I got mine......

Hi All,

I got my Black Dog dual to single DIP adapters in the post today. I am delighted - excellent quality. A small order, but posted by Global Mail for a couple of bucks - and well packaged. I will certainly order more to the UK. Keep the value to below (I think) 18 GBP and you will be exempt any import tax or VAT anyway.

A quick question for those who have used the BD apapters:

What is your preferred technique for soldering DIPs? I have a pointed soldering iron tip, but there isn't much room for manoeuvre. Any pointers to what is the best order to assemble these things??

Cheers

Jon:)

Sorry.....

..but I was being vague with my question.

It is a tight squeeze on the TH adapter (to my eyes). I was wondering if there were any tricks of the trade to make the soldering easier. Looking at it, the middle 2 pins in the centre, on bith sides - but perhaps it is better to fit the DIPs one at a time.

Here's what I mean - a pic of the adapter with the ICs.

Cheers

Jon

Attachments

• bd2.jpg
    bd2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 159
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.