Broken Sony F808ES - Please help fixin'?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
As confirmation then, all four 0.22 ohms should read OK on ohms, and with the amp on you should have approximately equal voltage dropped across all four indicating that the output stage is drawing a small quiescent current.

The manual indicates approx 30 mv. Measure it across all four resistors rather than across the test points because the test points sum the voltages. If each resistor measure 0.22 ohm and each has an equal voltage across it then that indicates all is well with the outputs.

I took it into a recommended guy who does electronic service on the side. He seem confident he can fix it and will call me this weekend with the verdict. I hope it's an easy fix and he is reasonably priced.

It seems like this amp is worth investing some money into it. What do you think is the max $ I should spend on repairing it? I will still need to find a remote for it beyond the repair bill.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Repairs are never cheap unfortunately. Wait and see what the verdict is first. I wouldn't like to put a figure on it tbh because the technicians time will be the one of the biggest factors in it all.

Keep us updated and good luck... hope its an easy fix :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.