Broken CDM9 Transport

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi thomas
I'm looking for the pulley for a cdm-4 (the little whell as show below)
Do you still have one?
Thanks

Attachments

• 2802058044298080_1.jpg
    2802058044298080_1.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 417
In case anyone is till looking for these tray gear wheels:

As I happen to live nearby, I just picked up a CDM9 gear wheel today from www.audioservice.nl and it works like a charm. It was a bit expensive at 29,75 euro including BTW (BTW = Dutch sales tax). Hence, you might get one cheaper on E-bay, but these are not the originals. It is a replacement product made from a different and hopefully less brittle material. Shape is exactly the same, but the color is lighter than my broken original. You'll have to phone them or send an e-mail as the parts list on their website has been "under construction" since...

Replacement instructions?

Hi everybody,

My Philips CD930 and my Philips CD940 both show similar problems - when pressing the "open" button, there is a stuttering movement of the tray, which does not open fully. Only after pushing "open" for a number of times, with the tray going back and forth, I can finally insert a CD.

I assume that the gear wheel is the culprit. As far as I have seen, I seem to need the CDM9 gear wheel discussed in this thread. I have opened the CD930 player and spotted the gear wheel, but I am not sure what is the best way to get it out and replace it. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any instructions on the web. Could anybody point me to instructions (pictures would help a lot)? Or could any of the forum members who have replaced the gear wheel of their CD player provide me with a description of how they did it? I would highly appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot,

Michael

Hi Michael,

The geared wheel was spindle-mounted on a base plate in both my Arcam players I repaired, and were identical to the one shown in Eddie's photo. IIRC, the wheel will "click" off the spindle and the new one "click" on. I used some non-agressive silicone grease on the replacement wheel. It was a screwdriver job, with no other tools required......

Good luck!

Jon

Hi Michael,

The Chinese description is basically to tell you everythings should be very careful. Don't use brutle force to disassemble and if you cannot fully disassemble, it might have some screws unloosen.

Please disassemble it and you will understand it is not a tough job. However, you should prepare the right type of screw driver.

Good Luck

Jim Hu

Hi Jim Hu and Jon,

Thanks a lot for your answers. I have now followed Eddie Wang's instructions up to step 4. On the one hand, I have seen that the gear wheel is indeed worn; on the other hand, I am now quite confident that I will be able to do the replacement job. I will order two gear wheels and carry on when I received them.

As for the grease, can any silicone grease be used (some of the ebay sellers offering silicon grease are actually divers' supply shops), or should I watch out for anything specific? (Please excuse these dumb questions.)

Michael

Got CDM-4 gear wheel, need CDM-9

I know this is a long shot but I have ordered by mistake and received a replacement gear wheel for the CDM-4 transport. I was told that the Aura CD player I was repairing had a CDM-4 transport and stupidly I didn't confirm it before ordering.

What I actually need is a CDM-9 gear wheel, I'll try Audio Service as posted above but if anyone needs a CDM-4 wheel I've got one for sale/swap!

Chris

Re: Got CDM-4 gear wheel, need CDM-9

To ceharden (post 73 in this thread) - I'd be interested in buying your 'spare' CDM4 gear wheel if you've still got it handy. I can't private-message you as I've only just joined the board, but if you can pm me with your contact details then I'll email you back. Alternatively, please email directly at the email address shown here: http://tinyurl.com/on6owr

Thanks

Chas

Bonsoir,

Vous pouvez trouver la poulie-engrenage du tiroir (tray gear wheel) de votre lecteur CD équipé de la mécanique Philips CDM-4 (comme le Marantz CD52 par exemple), avec la courroie (with the belt!!), CDM-9 et bien d'autres pour moins de 15$US franco de port (free shipping!!!) là :

Buy CDM4 CDM-4 Turntable Tray Gear With Belt For CD Player Repair Replace at wholesale price - marcmart

ou encore là :

Wholesale Freeshipping! CDM4 CDM 4 CD with belt Player Drawer Gear Wheel

Cordialement, bien à vous, avec mes respects, et tout le toutim
qui va bien en société.

I hate smileys.

Best regards les anglophons. Ciao!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.