• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BPA300 Round 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
taking action

guys,
there is no point wasting time pouring the frustration on the forum pages since Rhys only enjoys the attention. he then writes to me telling me I'm just "winding him up" with my comments.
you have to get used to the idea you will see nothing, neither goods nor refund.
personally, once I realized I'm not going to get any BPA boards, I ordered a similar set from ebay. it may not be the same in terms of quality and I will have to reorder some components but I will finish this amplifier.
second thing I'm going to do once I'm back from my vacation is to find out what can the credit card company do. I suggest all of you do the same.
third, I'm asking from the UK guys, on behalf of all victims, to find out that can the local police do. In Isreal the police can locate an Internet user through the service provider and I believe PA has more than most of us regarding Rhys' contact details. I don't know whether can all of us file a complaint but even if not we do have weight in this case. UK guys, It is not just your money, it is the money and trust all of us that is lost here.
the only way to recover the trust of members in group buys is to make sure people will think twice before acting as Rhys does.
PA has tried, and I have full respect to his efforts, to bring Rhys to reason. I suspect he failed. it is the time WE set the rules of this game, not Rhys.

I´m also too late to have regular claims on paypal.
but yes, catching that guy by local police would be fun. The expression of that guys, right after helpless telling that they are not guilty, crying like something, vaguely realizing that the dirty game is over, bashed by the mother then :D
s.

Hi all,

I'm still waiting for a couple of my missing components but at least I received most of my kit. I've been through this once before and it's not nice whether he meant to rip everyone off or not. I will say that I'm sure things can quickly mount up once they start going wrong.

Anyway, if you want to contact Rhys then here are some details. They seem to be up to date but I haven't tried them so can't guarantee that they are correct. There is no house number either so you'll have to use Google street view to look in the windows. :)

sjalloq said:
Hi all,

I'm still waiting for a couple of my missing components but at least I received most of my kit. I've been through this once before and it's not nice whether he meant to rip everyone off or not. I will say that I'm sure things can quickly mount up once they start going wrong.

Anyway, if you want to contact Rhys then here are some details. They seem to be up to date but I haven't tried them so can't guarantee that they are correct. There is no house number either so you'll have to use Google street view to look in the windows. :)

I'm waiting missing components, particularly Mundorf capacitors and Dale resistors (expensive components). Is there anyone who has received everything paid? If all you are writing is true, this is a crime of fraud and tax evasion. Someone has added the total amount stolen? I am already building the BPA300 without waiting for those missing components.I don't think Rhys is sending me anything else. It is very sad that this has ended so badly. I want to participate in any legal action taken against Rhys want.
Thanks you all.

Hi All, In an earlier post, i said i wasnt going to try and defend myself any longer. I have been prepaing stuff to go out, behind the scenes. All i ask for, is for you to give me until the 25th of July. This is my personal absaloute deadline for this group buy, if everything has not arrived by this date then by all means it is acceptable to take legal action against me, its not like im going to hide anywhere.

I am finding it very hard to progress with this group buy, the people who are giving me abuse, if you want to take this over then you are welcome, i will send you a big box with everything in, via courier tomrrow morning (or tonight if possible), along with postage money, followed by the names and addresses of people that parts and boards must be sent to. Infact, anyone is welcome.

Im really not out to steal, il admit, its my inability to get things done.

Also, please do not post my personal address and contact details on the forum, this is totally unacceptable without my consent. This can be seen as a potential danger to me and my family.

Just to make some of you happy, once this is sorted, i will be leaving Diyaudio.

taking people money is unacceptable anywhere in this world
when you do that you have forfeited all your rights.

you are very boldface to post another one of your excuses without any evidence.

rhysh said:
Hi All, In an earlier post, i said i wasnt going to try and defend myself any longer. I have been prepaing stuff to go out, behind the scenes. All i ask for, is for you to give me until the 25th of July. This is my personal absaloute deadline for this group buy, if everything has not arrived by this date then by all means it is acceptable to take legal action against me, its not like im going to hide anywhere.

I am finding it very hard to progress with this group buy, the people who are giving me abuse, if you want to take this over then you are welcome, i will send you a big box with everything in, via courier tomrrow morning (or tonight if possible), along with postage money, followed by the names and addresses of people that parts and boards must be sent to. Infact, anyone is welcome.

Also, please do not post my personal address and contact details on the forum, this is totally unacceptable without my consent. This can be seen as a potential danger to me and my family.

Just to make some of you happy, once this is sorted, i will be leaving Diyaudio.

Plan B

Rhys is a mess and is suffering from depression and this can maybe explain some of the not so smart statements. We must use plan B here and this is that someone rather near Rhys (< 200 km) could pick all stuff and do the delivering. I can donate petrol money.

Get in touch with me so we can arrange the whole thing.

Regarding the earlier post from Rhys I think we can disregard it. The best thing now is that someone else is taking over and I think we all should be prepared for some additional shipping charges if Rhys can't give those money to the helper.

Rhys,
Please do not leave the community. You may not be the most organized individual for group buys but you still have a large volume of knowledge and expertise which many of us, me mostly, can learn from.
It is very easy to sit back and whine folks. It gets nothing accomplished. Though the time span may be rather long, with the help of others in this community, this group buy will be carried out.
PA is trying as are some others to get this sorted out.
If I can be of assistance here please let me know.

Tad

Hold on, don't go into sympathy mode so fast,

we've got him to at least post a pic after some arm twisting/personal info was posted.
Don't kill the momentum as yet.

PA's advice is a good one, I would be more than happy to take over, however I live in Trinidad, West Indies so the shipping would be a costly. I will donate petrol also.

tryonziess said:
Rhys,
Please do not leave the community. You may not be the most organized individual for group buys but you still have a large volume of knowledge and expertise which many of us, me mostly, can learn from.
It is very easy to sit back and whine folks. It gets nothing accomplished. Though the time span may be rather long, with the help of others in this community, this group buy will be carried out.
PA is trying as are some others to get this sorted out.
If I can be of assistance here please let me know.

Tad

If Rhys would send all of the stuff to me I would distribute it for free just to see this whole mess cleared up. I never felt it was necessary to flog a dead horse. I never doubted the existence of the pcb's or Rhy's honesty. I do not need proof. The entire affair just got out of hand. Like I said before life can deal out things that come at the most unopportune times.
Did you take note of that huge pile of material to be distributed to every corner of the planet. It is a lot of work to do for FREE.

Tad

Tad,

First, I would like to express my appreciation to your willingness to take this burden on yourself for the second time.
Second, if eventually it is you who will distributing orders, the shipping we already paid will be spent on sending it over to you. therefore once you have an estimate of the individual shipping cost post it and I will PayPal you my share, as I'm sure every one else will do.
I hope that there is a correlation between the orders' content and the inventory, otherwise it will be a real mess. if you think there is something that can be done remotly to help just say.

Shmulik

Tad, thankyou for the offer again, very much appreciated. Peranders has allready offered to take on the job, i am organising fedex at the moment.

I am covering the cost of the shipping to PA, and i am also sending PA money to cover the shipping out to individuals. There will be no additional cost to anyone.

I will notify everyone once fedex have picked up the package and when i have been given a tracking number, im sure PA will notify everyone when the package arrives at his end.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.