BPA300 mono block finished and measured

Mark A. Gulbrandsen said:

Aside from the several dollars of extra parts I can't see why not servoing them would be a big deal. I would definately want to get rid of the input cap.

Mark

...or shield it. I see you're getting 50Hz and harmonics coupled in on your test plots. The big naked input cap is a possible source. Worth checking for for another 10dB of free noise floor.

(I just happened to recently find that's where the last of the PSU noise in my own current design was coming from. I opted to kill off the coupling caps and go to a transformer input [CMLI-15] rather than a servo.)

Buildong

Hi all, I'm new in here, but I'm building these amps at the moment.

will make some changes on the pcb (some parts are more easy to find here in a different size)

The conductor will be silver, and with 100um thick (each side)

Would like to ask some questions from Alexw88, but I'm blocked -PLS check your mail on www.shine7.com

P.S.: I could send PCB-s naked and filled as well in about 3-4 weeks if it's needed 2 someone (Hungary/Europe) !!!

First of all, I would like to know what's changes if I use a biger (10 pF) capacitor? It's hard to find this 8,2pF at 200V in SMD.

he other H2F is dhe Dale WSR resistor. What shall I use??? wirewound?

I would like to know, why did you choose the LL 1545 A?

I would like to use the LL 1690.

I`ve tryed 2 understad the differences between them, but I`m not good enough for it.

Could you please check it for me, and give me some suggestions in it???

I don`t know what kind of pre-amp will I use with it, but if Good
helps me I will buy a tube thing from www.transcendentsound.com

I would like to deliver 2X150 Watts (on 8 Ohm) per SIDE

So I build a dual mono push-pull amp per side for biamping.

I`m not shure how shall I connect these audio transformers in this case?

just simply split the signal after the transformer?

or I should get 2 transformer per side? (this would make me a bit unhappy a bit)

10pF should be fine, the value is not very critical.
For the Dale WSR resistor, you can use any 3W resistor instead, wirewound would be fine.

I use LL1545A because it is available from the online stone that I used to buy things. LL1690 would also work, may be even better as it can handle higher level.

"So I build a dual mono push-pull amp per side for biamping."

If you want to do bi-amp, would you use a digital crossover to split the signal for the tweeter and woofer? In this case you need 2 transformers per channel.

or if you just feed the same line signal to 2 amps, then you can split the signal after the input transformer, in this case only 1 is needed.

Thanks for the infos, than I will buy the 1690.

I'm not shur about this bi-amp stuff, but I have a nice speaker ( home made REAL high end stuff) and I want to amp them from a stereo (or in this case a dual mono amp to avoid ground loop in my sistem (since the Xo's are on a separeted board)

I don't want to use any digital what'snotever in my signal path.

I will just simply split the signal.

Thanks for the info Alex!

Hipchek: I will have a lot of board.

Made with 100 micron silver, but some thigs must be changed (input, output and power connects, becouse I could't find those thing at that size here)

everyting will be the same
will cost about 10$ plus P&P per board, but I'm not shure yet.
And It's will be available all (or olny the SMD parts) insalled. 4 another small charge.

I can't send mail, I'm under moderation at the moment.

It's would be fine if you could send me the resistors (0,1% or tighter) (i will build 16 boards for the start, and mor in the future) and I will send you some boards in the prices of the resistors?? Is it O.K. 4 you????

Attachments

• another-boards.gif
    another-boards.gif
    74.2 KB · Views: 2,238
alexw88 said:
Finally I tried the LL1545a in my BPA300 :

http://www.shine7.com/audio/bpa300v2.htm

I am now building an active balanced pre-amp to pair with it :

http://www.shine7.com/audio/bpre.htm

Currently I am now using a full balanced connection from the CD player to Preamp to BPA300. The current setting sounds more musical to me. Also by removing the input caps the amp sounds more transparent than before.
Can i use LL 1527? How correct connect ? Can you tell about another types of transformers? Jensen maybe...

Hi Alex,

Surely, I must not be the first one to ask this question.

But what is the process to safely measure the DC offset of each chip individually without risking damaging the chips?

Do you connect source and power and then fire it up and then measure DC offset?

Do you measure DC offset across the output 3W resistors & common ground?

best regards,
Evan