Blowtorch IP discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, I don't know why exactly, but I feel that many of you are uniting against me, as if I have done something wrong to you. Well, I haven't. I am sorry if I accidently stepped on anyone's toes, but that is all that I can do. I can't 'dumb down' my input, because I don't teach beginners. I leave that to the rest of you. However, I wish you well and I will try not to 'improve' your circuits, unless you really need help. Now, all I ask is that you leave the Blowtorch preamp alone, and quit bugging me for the exact schematics. Surely, my peers on this website can match or improve on my contributions to audio design.

Hi John,
I don't think that anyone ( at least most of us ) is ganging up against you. Many companies do not give out circuit diagrams and that is perfectly understood. You give it and it WILL be copied.

It is possible that someone who wants the designs really badly can keep pushing really hard to try and get it . That shouldn't be your problem. That's the way the world runs ...... I shouldn't be teaching you that but I'm just repeating what I hear all the time.

You can post as and when you like with as much or as little information you wish to give. I think many members will be grateful for that. It will be a big loss to us all if you stop posting !

As far as the Blowtorch is concerned , you needn't respond to any queries if you wish to. But let that not stop you from posting on other topics and air your viewpoint. Your professional knowledge is your breadwinner , you don't have to lay all of it bare to the rest of the world.
So you should stop worrying about negative comments by some people because most of the others understand the situation perfectly well.
Cheers,
Ashok.

Thanks for what you have contributed

The rough idea of how it was designed and built is fine as is. Doubt if anyone planned on building it as it is now. Most would "improve" on it.
Hope also no one here resents the sucess you have had over the last few decades. You have even a little mainstream name recognition. Guess only Mark Levinson has more. And a some of his comes car audio. Even comes from one of his exes.
Maybe that is the ticket to fame and fortune. Lots of single famous women out there. Most have a lot of money also.

Best of Luck,
George

Folks, I don't know why exactly, but I feel that many of you are uniting against me
From reading this thread i can imagine you feel that way John.
Some people seemed to be squeezing you like a lemon getting as much information as possible, forgetting maybe that John Curl is an actual person, and deserves to be treated as such.
Why not close this thread and "move on ", since there is no actual IP discussion ? the Blowtorch is yours, its that simple .

with kind regards,

Klaas

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
:cop:

There are certain standards of decorum we try to maintain here.
Things have gone over the line in the last posts, which have been deleted.

John is welcome here to disclose what he wishes. Its OK to ask him questions, but if he doesn't want to give more information he is under no obligation to answer them. If you don't like this, then DON'T POST and don't read the thread. Certainly he has given enough information to justify the Blowtorch thread.

If members can't abide by this, they will be sent to the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.