Blameless, Dx was wrong, it is a very good amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Interesting Giaime, return to a previous post... some time ago when you posted last

updated schematic.

I was also trying R75 and R76 adjustments into the simulator...also i found 2K into the simulator, to equalize the input transistors VBEs..... the interesting thing is that into the real world, measuring my Precision prototype, that is using "today" your front end, and i have found 754 milivolts to each transistor.... so...VBEs equalized using 1K5.

This is to remember those terrible things.... the simulator results are not the same related the real life.... the transistor parameters are not the real ones.... in special VBEs normall do not result the same as real life.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• equalize vbes.gif
    equalize vbes.gif
    68.1 KB · Views: 438
Re: Hello Giaime.

GEirin said:
What is your think about Buffer Vas of the LC amp1.
GEirin

Mmmm... I don't see any VAS buffer. There's a beta-ehnancer emitter follower T8 (btw, R16 looks way off), and then the VAS, directly connected to the driver transistors.

Maybe you talk about those ones (T3-T4) as VAS buffer, yes they work that way but with mosfet output stages, driver transistors are a must, so there is no innovation in incorporating them. Instead, using a buffer between the VAS and a CFP output stage like in my amp is a thing not seen very often, I think.

Hello!

yes, T7 is the VAS. You can look at T8 as a "beta ehnancer" transistor, in fact the VAS gain is proportional to VAS transistor beta, and by putting an emitter follower before it, you raise the current gain by a factor equal to T8 beta.

The problem is that R16 is way too high: it won't let pass even a bare mA even on full ±45V rails, which is too low for T8. Go for 33k or so.

Btw, people use to ground the other end of R16, instead of putting it on a CCS feed. You can try both ways!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.