Best value T Amp in UK ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, just to keep things up-to-date....... I have put the two new ground via in and now I'm busy winding some toroids (I'm going to go with what I like on my other amps). I have the cores left over from a bulk buy so why not....
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the output speaker arrangement? Not sure what all the caps are but I'm sure they are pretty much what's on the spec sheet....
Except for those two branching off between the two speakers.. the 100uf looks bi-polar as it doesn't have any obvious markings.

Attachments

• flat panel pair.jpg
    flat panel pair.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 572
Hello Lee, it looks like a simple crossover, just ignore. I couldn't measure the actual value of the smd caps because I didn't fancy lifting them. On the board they all measure about 0.3uf each, but they are in parallel with each other..

Attachments

• kensington_output.gif
    kensington_output.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 354
Thanks for the pointer there Barry, :rolleyes: couldn't see the wood for the trees!
Measuring across the drivers in series they are about 4ohms without load so I expect they are as per the spec sheet.
I'm going to attach these to a couple of cardboard boxes and see how they sound......

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I finally got round to getting one of these as Mrs Toolkit has just treated herself to a new Nano, and I thought a dock with Tripath power would be a good kitchen system. I have just hacked it with bell-wire for now to check my understanding of Audio1st's mods and added a couple of near-fossilised ex-RAF input caps and a pot - I like the juxtaposition of 1946 and 2007 technology!

Attachments

• kensington.jpg
    kensington.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 285
Apologies for raising this post from a while back but it seemed the best place to ask this

I've picked up one of these with the idea of using to power a portable speaker for camping and holidays

I've connected it to a very cheapie car speaker to test it other than that I've not messed with it

It doesnt put out alot of volume which is one of the main aims of this project

Audio1st mentioned it was quieter than a standard t-amp

Would either a speaker with more sensitivity or bypassing the built in pre-amp produce some more volume bearing in mind the purpose of this speaker is more quantity over quality. Or am I expecting too much

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.