Best price/performance ratio Class D assembled module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Right now i have few pcs. on stock with BTH, which i need to ship them monday. in about 3 days i will have one more lot with B and one without B.

Attachments

• tda8920bth.jpg
    tda8920bth.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,003
e_fortier said:
Thanks for the quick reply.

If I place an order in 1 week how can I be sure that I will receive the B version. This is the one I need.

Is there a place in your website where we can add comment like this.

Thanks,
Eric

I'm still working to optimize the website, to add some features including customer's notes and expected products. Anyway, after placing an order i will contact you to confirm the products ordered and shipping adress and you can mention exactely which one do you preffer.

bobsnakke said:

right

i don't have the time and experience to buid one amplifier, even if is complete assembled kit, that's why i would preffer assembled one. seems that i found was looking for, i would need your advice regarding the choice. i found this site where they have for sale some ready modules for great price. anyone have experience with this site ? some feedback ? oppinions ?
http://connexelectronic.com/index.php/cPath/25?osCsid=v05kujhklab1147bnpktbev7l7
thanks

Hello bob the snake.

I don't know whether you are sorted with an amp yet but do take a look at http://www.amplifier.co.uk

I have just built a pair of their 600W class D amps and they are beyond anything that I have heard. They are a complete assembled unit with all the power supply on board (linear) although I sourced my own transformers

They also have a 300W/channel module which should be somwhat cheaper.

Should anyone else be thinking of building some class D amps then do take a look at these they are absolutely high-end audio

I have looked into these and have been told by the company that they use no feedback loop at all and that:

"THD is not a feature that we pay particular relevance to, instead we prefer
to make amplifiers that deliver the rated power and sound good. THD is a
meaningless measure for sound quality. In fact we deliberately allow high
THD to enhance the sound quality of our amplifiers. This might sound a bit
"smoke and fire" but there is a science behind our actions."

Seems a bit odd, but if they sound great I suppose that is what matters the most!

The seem to offer different modules tuned to different load impedances. I wonder how they function with a widely varying load....

classdphile said:
Those would sound excellent driving a lawnmower.

If you are referring to the amps that I recommended then I presume that you have listened to them in a hi-end audio system then!

Well I have and I can confirm that they bested a set of Krells driving Wilson Watt/puppies and in my own system they are the best amps that I have heard period.

Classd amplifier

jaydeecee
thank you for your reply. I drive a pair of Magneplanar 3.3/R with a Krell KSA 50 (VTL super deluxe preamplifier)but it's unfit in my new listening room (45 m2) and a ribbon tweeter broke three months ago. I wish to replace the krell without loosing its good refinement. I have to choose among Hypex, New ClassD, Gemincore and IcePower modules. Why did you choose EcoTec amplifiers and not the above mentioned most famous brands?
Ecodoppler

Re: Classd amplifier

ecodoppler said:
jaydeecee
thank you for your reply. I drive a pair of Magneplanar 3.3/R with a Krell KSA 50 (VTL super deluxe preamplifier)but it's unfit in my new listening room (45 m2) and a ribbon tweeter broke three months ago. I wish to replace the krell without loosing its good refinement. I have to choose among Hypex, New ClassD, Gemincore and IcePower modules. Why did you choose EcoTec amplifiers and not the above mentioned most famous brands?
Ecodoppler

Well, a number of reasons really. I wanted the high power output so that it gave me the option to use any speaker in the future. For this sort of power it was far cheaper than buying Hypex etc. As they are manufactured in the UK then should I have problems then I have easy access to the designer and last but not least they were something that no one else was using. If you look at my posts in "help me out here guys" in this "class D" forum you will see some photos of my completed amps. I am driving them with a tube pre-amp and it's a match made in heaven.

I realize it was a bit of a gamble buying these with no feedback from anyone but I am happy as a pig in s**t with them they are simply sublime.

Classd amplifier

jaydeecee
Thank you for your reply. I have seen the other thread. Really very interesting. I believe that after a long wandering I have found what I need for my Magneplanar. I think I'll order the 300 watts modules and even Canterbury toroidal transformers ( I read positive reviews about them). 300 watts could be enough for my speakers. The only my fear is to receive support from Classd guys.
Ecodoppler

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.