Best Compression Drivers today 2022?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I've been using the BMS 4592ND on Altec 803 horns and am very happy with them. Of course going from 2" to 1.4" via and adapter isn't doing the top octave any favors, but in my application it's not a big deal. They are hanging in an outdoor theater being used for voice-over narration and music. DSP crossover and EQ with QSC amps. I had, but never used, the passive X-overs. The drivers get hit hard compared to home hi-fi.

When I first got them on the horns and ran sweeps my impression was "These sound so clean!" And the sound clean while in use.
Glad to hear some other comments about them.

Reactions: 1 user

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Kartesian - joker in the deck?

//

Attachments

• cmp50.png
    cmp50.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 329
  • cms50_4550 gif.gif
    cms50_4550 gif.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 323
Last edited:

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Its not a "study" but advertising material for a product by the conpany who makes the product. Anyways, about the waterfall diagram, the hf108 seem to be "ready" after 1/2 ms so much better than the Beyma (see link in post #50)

This was posted in an other thread:

https://www-justdiyit-com.translate..._sl=fr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=wapp

(http://www.justdiyit.com/grand-comparatif-de-compressions-1-pouce/)

//
Yes, I was just quoting their paper but a similar study was made by a french pro and he is using high end mundorf AMT in his projects...

I got a pair but I they were defective so ingot rig of them.

Anyway I love the sound of cheap BMS 4524 on sth100 so I think I I'll get a pair of hf108

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yes, I was just quoting their paper but a similar study was made by a french pro and he is using high end mundorf AMT in his projects...

Anyway I love the sound of cheap BMS 4524 on sth100 so I think I I'll get a pair of hf108
A pair of? Sorry, could not follow - but interested! Please be specific.

What about the Kartesian cmp50?

//

Wow I was tired and using the phone, lots of misprints...

I got a used pair of beyma TPL 150, I think they were damaged because couldn't measure something descent...I got rid of them...

A pair of? Sorry, could not follow - but interested! Please be specific.

What about the Kartesian cmp50?

//
I like the data of this one

Kartesian Cmp45_vTLHP

As I have a waveguided 6.5" in the mids I prefer a CD which doesn't need support in the highs....

What is that brand, they seam to have a partnership with tlhp...

Edit : yes it is also a french company, never heard of them but apparently as they are doing research I can get a tax deduction lol

Last edited: