Best audio magazines / writers?

Not to brownnose, but I cancelled my membership to AudioXpress because I found their articles completely useless, however, I re-subscribed to it since @jan.didden took over the technical direction. The only reason I did that is because they now include much more electronic theory and design articles than before, and by great authors. At least for now I think it is the best audio magazine out there for those interested on design, and not about reviews on which audio cable "resolves" better or something like that. But, to be honest, the second they stop publishing technical/electronics articles, I will cancel my subscription again.

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
or worst. Please let me know which ones to look for and avoid. Thank you

The late Enid Lumley over at TAS. SHe was great, fun (and obtuse) to read and didn't care what others thought. If she heard it, she said so and some of her comments were eons ahead... like cable polarity and controlling the magnetic field about components.

The rest are boring... OK, maybe the guy over at 6moons

The problem, IMHO, is that they all stick to commercial products and ignore the technology and DIY world. Very few of them can tell a resistor from a diode.

Pffft.