Behringer DCX2496 digital X-over

Re: Re: how is this dcx work for me?

DEQ+TheEnd said:

In my experience the DEQ room correction make up for bad chips. At least in my living room.
But if you don't like the sound from the DEQ with flat EQ you have to prepare to mod the analog board on the DCX.

But is there not a eq on the DCX as well? Why must the sound be flat on the DEQ to be like the DCX?

Re: Re: Re: how is this dcx work for me?

HoJ said:

But is there not a eq on the DCX as well? Why must the sound be flat on the DEQ to be like the DCX?

Well, it doesn't. But you where not sure if the sound you didn't like from the DEQ was your EQ settings or the DAC .
With the EQ flat you hear the DAC only (with the analog output chip) and then you know if you can live with it.
With the DEQ you can easily connect another DAC. But this is not possible with the DCX where you need three of them but the DCX doesn't have digital out.

And yes there is an EQ program in the DCX.

Transformer for Analog Input

I have read this post for the most part beginning to end and have been searching for this answer, but haven't found it.

I have seen a lot on the subject of using transformers replacing the output, but not much on redesigning the analog input. I understand most use SPDIF as input, but I'm more interested in using the analog input.

I don't have the ability to design a new input using a transformer, but I know a number of you are very intelligent and have done this. What transformer would you use, can you completely bypass the opamps? What would the circuit look like?

Thanks

Ground planes in the DCX

Need some confirmation or correction please. Looking at the I/O board ,and pinout from the DSP board and schematics, am I understanding correctly that there are separate ground planes of A&D, and they are kept separated until a point in close proximity of the P/S connector? (according to a note in the schematic)
Multiple GNDA pins exist on the 26 pin connector and go to the I/O board where they connect. Do they do this to reduce crosstalk?
So in doing away with the I/O board, would I make a place to connect these all together including the grounds for the output jacks?
Just trying to get this straight so I don't let out the 'magic smoke'.
thanks,
andy

Re: Oettle receiver board problems?

sendler said:
I just read two posts at Yahoo of people having problems after installing the Oettle receiver board in their DCX. I ordered one but luckily haven't received it yet. Anyone know the fix before I build mine?

I posted my opinion on yahoo group, but here it is again. There is no inherited problem with Oetls board. If you establish a proper installation of the board and if you make a proper termination for S/PDIF signal with 75 ohm you do not suppose to have any problem.

Far behind you guys, but ..

I have finallly put Jan's remote volume control mod kit together, so far without the analogue inputs. But I'm just so happy it's working fine.

Regarding Frank Oettles modifcations of the digital input I'll just wait a while to see if I get the hi-frequency cutoff problem.

Since my plan is to connect the modified DCX2496 to 4 ICEpower 200asc modules, it seems that using balanced connections is the best way to go, even though neither the modified output of the DCX2495 nor the input of the ICEpower 200asc seem to be "truly" balanced, to my (limited) knowledge.

Can anyone confirm this, please?