Behringer DCX2496 digital X-over

Yes, I didn't think it through properly, of course summed in this way to two outputs I'm getting a total of twice what I had before :rolleyes: Anyway re the mono v stereo and room modes, I can't locate them crossed at 100Hz, it sounds the same. More experimenting yet to do regards the smoothing of the in room response

Yes, I didn't think it through properly, of course summed in this way to two outputs I'm getting a total of twice what I had before :rolleyes: Anyway re the mono v stereo and room modes, I can't locate them crossed at 100Hz, it sounds the same. More experimenting yet to do regards the smoothing of the in room response

Even with source material that has different content on the channels in the bass region?

Well, hard panned double bass is still sounding coherent, so will stick with mono subs. Subjectively seems a little clearer too. It makes sense to use multiple mono subs in the modal region. Also Geddes says:
"A 100 Hz tone has a period of 10 ms.
It takes several periods of a sound for the ear to recognize “pitch”
Hence, at 100 Hz the ear has not detected and registered the tone until about 30 ms.
In a small room this wave will have traveled around the room and impinged itself on the listener about a dozen times, each arrival being from a different direction and at a different arrival time."

Well, hard panned double bass is still sounding coherent, so will stick with mono subs.
The usual arithmetic doesn't hold for sub crossovers. You've got to really cut the bass sharply out of the mid-range drivers (apropos cone motion) and similarly for the subs (apropos "reveal").

I think in card games players have the term "reveal". The subs will reveal their location unless the slope is sharp and they subs produce no revealing harmonics or box noises.

B.

DCX2496 Flash corrupt?

I am looking for some advice/help. I have a DCX2496 that I have used for many years to crossover my home built ESLs. During one of the PC to device configuration saves something must have corrupted the Flash. I was using a usb to rs-232 converter which I learned is suspect. The unit boots to the product splash screen and locks. Tried a factory rest of <page and >page while powering up to no avail. Can the factor prom be reflashed with the V1.17 image on the Behringer website? Is there anyone that can reflash this prom?

Many Thanks.

Kono

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 303
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I am looking for some advice/help. I have a DCX2496 that I have used for many years to crossover my home built ESLs. During one of the PC to device configuration saves something must have corrupted the Flash. I was using a usb to rs-232 converter which I learned is suspect. The unit boots to the product splash screen and locks. Tried a factory rest of <page and >page while powering up to no avail. Can the factor prom be reflashed with the V1.17 image on the Behringer website? Is there anyone that can reflash this prom?

I'm that guy...have a few left...let me know if you have any questions...