Beautiful 8 Inch South Korean Fullrange Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tubeguy, Be, many years ago got trouble with one eye and could not solder himself any more. Later he lost sight on one eye totally dispite many effords and operation.
He now has retired into a small village on the Japanese countryside. That did not stop him to make what he calls "His Last Amplifier". He send me a picture and i plan to visit him some day when the Fukushima dust has settled.

Hello Joachim!

Thanks for that info. It sad when a talented audiophile/music such as Be Yamamura loses the ability to do what he loves so much. Surely all of audio feels his loss with him.

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

Is the homepage a auction site? I dont speak korean....
¼Ò³ë´ÙÀÎ ¼îÇθô Open

No it wasn't an auction site. However now when I look for Sonodyne of Korea all I can get to is their audio products for cars. I did find another site that appears to be something like a Korean "Best Buy" or "Circuit City" and they're selling the Sonodyne SD-855 Hanji drivers installed in Onken style, cabinets called the: Sonodyne SD-855FS I just really hope the home audio division of Sonodyne, Korea, didn't bite the bullet financially.

I believe there's a good chance Sonodyne's home audio division spent too much on cash R&D too fast! After all they were just a fledgling in the home audio fullrange drivers arena ---{which isn't a large portion of the home audio market as it stands and as we all know here, is an area filled with DIY frugalphiles who continually have pipe-dreams about how they've managed to coax Feastrex quality sonics from their latest discovery of $40/pr fullrange drivers from some unknown company}--- yet despite the fact they hadn't even scratched the surface, let alone not having made a dent, Sonodyne's home audio division was already working on a "Walsh" type of Hanji driver, a Hanji dome tweeter and a Hanji 15 in woofer! I think the home audio division allowed the cart get ahead of the horse and unfortunately the cart either killed the horse or hurt it very badly while doing so...

Rullit Atelier Products

I First saw is speaker manufacturer on ebay . Somebody was selling the 6 1/2" drivers for $1200 and considering they where like these pretty much stock magnets but worst still stock efficiency levels. It seemed unreasonable. To look at the cones tho. It can be seen these are purely hand crafted cones unlike 99% of speaker cones. Even phy cones are pretty standard paper cones unlike the rest of them though which is quiet the opposite to these.

But I have a good feeling about these. Generally cone negative break up travel out from the inside in circular motion. And these are plyed inside to out. That would have to have a positive effect on minimizing negative effects.

Rullit Atelier Is a speaker customizer and now manufacturer. A lot of people don't respect this guy because for 1 most of his stuff is unfordable to working class people and secondly I think he maybe comes of as a little arrogant. lf his picture kicking around is anything to go on.

But If you study most his ideas and listen to the drivers he likes to modify. Like I do. It does make me wonder if he really is at the leading edge of ultimate Fidelity. He is also part of a group of audiophiles. It's not all his own work and judgment . He has acess to top facility's and a budget to go with it. His latest cone technology is based on pie type construction similar to the sonodyne. I like that most about the sondonyne. Well there isn't anything else to like about the driver I guess. The rest is pretty average. I think the big surround. The surround is where everything can wrong in a speaker cone I think. It has to damp a lot of resonances.

These would be be time consuming to make. Like paper mashee I guess. Probably be a good diy project. I cant imagine the paper is any supa paper. Maybe just good high quality light strong paper. You can look at them and see how inconsistent the papers lays are. I think this is a good thing.

Rullit Atelier's Cellulose cones are like this. The pie cuts are different widths. I think I have even seen cones of his Nealy identical in construction to the sonodyne. I might add I sent a mail to him when I was out bid on a pair of his speakers. And he was generous in nature and lacked no humility in his reply which suggested he sells cheaper models of his speakers for people on tighter budgets. He uses 2 and 3 point wood and Bakelite spiders for his suspensions also which I think would be awesome if they sound like the pair of vintage grundig drivers I have with suspensions like this. Which I believe is where Rullit Atelier might have learnt about them after modifying grundig drivers.

Rullit - Audio Voice Acoustics

Hello fatbattery!

It's funny you should mention Oleg Rullit & Rullit Atelier products. I just so happened to purchase a set of his tweeters horns and have a pair of Rullit Atelier's best ICs! These ICs are so good they're absolutely breathtaking. I used to run Stealth Audio Sakra ICs, but with a broken-heart I had to sell them to pay some medical bills. However with Oleg's ICs now in my system ---{which are without a doubt the very best ICs I've ever heard, sonically bettering even the Stealth Sakras}--- I'm extremely happy, hearing the most sonically accurate music reproduction I've heard from my system to date! Unfortunately these ICs, like much of what Rullit Atelier makes are in the area of "if you have to ask what they cost, you probably cannot afford them" ---{but not all Rullit Atelier products are like this, Oleg has components are like this, they cover a wide financial range}--- However if you can afford them your ears are in for a treat!

Oleg and I have been exchanging emails and I'm soon to be his first in the florida and first in the USA dealer. I'm expecting a pair of his eight inch, alnico based Super AERO 8, fullrange drivers. As you previously mentioned, I also believe these Rullit Atelier drivers have cellulose cones, but I'll have to ask Oleg to be sure. Of course I'll post here if I'm mistaken. From what I can detect in photos it would appear that thee Super AERO 8 drivers are actually quite similar to the much loved and missed drivers used in the Yamamura Churchill Dionisio 27! If you'll click on the Yamamura Churchill words preceeding this and scroll up to where the man is holding the driver by the magnet in his hand. You'll notice the Yamamura Churchill are also made of pie cuts are different widths. This is also what Sonodyne of S. Korea is doing with their Han-ji paper SD-855 drivers.

Once Oleg's Super AERO 8, fullrange drivers ---{which are also available as a field-coil model}--- arrive and I have them setup and working. I'll notify all the forums I'm now a Rullit Atelier dealer and that these drivers, as well as Oleg's ICs will be available for audition in my home on an appointment based schedule. This shouldn't present any problems because I'm disabled and home all the time anyway! All I can say is if Oleg's drivers are anywhere near the quality of his ICs, Fostex, Lowther, AER, Voxativ and even Feastrex had better watch out! Now I realise that such a direct challenge to Feastrex may seem ridiculous at first, but I make this challenge at the direct request of Oleg himself. Oleg told me to ask people to bring their best fullrange drivers, especially Feastrex, to make direct side-by-side comparisons. Of course I'll keep everyone appraised of what's happening, but for now I'm waiting on the arrival of a pair of Rullit Atelier's Super AERO 8, alnico-based, fullrange drivers. Once they arrive I'll consider myself a dealer albeit with a very limited inventory.

More to come...

Hello fatbattery!

It's funny you should mention Oleg Rullit & Rullit Atelier products. I just so happened to purchase a set of his tweeters horns and have a pair of Rullit Atelier's best ICs! These ICs are so good they're absolutely breathtaking. I used to run Stealth Audio Sakra ICs, but with a broken-heart I had to sell them to pay some medical bills. However with Oleg's ICs now in my system ---{which are without a doubt the very best ICs I've ever heard, sonically bettering even the Stealth Sakras}--- I'm extremely happy, hearing the most sonically accurate music reproduction I've heard from my system to date! Unfortunately these ICs, like much of what Rullit Atelier makes are in the area of "if you have to ask what they cost, you probably cannot afford them" ---{but not all of Rullit Atelier products are like this, Oleg has components are like this, they cover a wide financial range}--- However if you can afford them your ears are in for a treat!

Oleg and I have been exchanging emails and I'm soon to be his first in the florida and first in the USA dealer. I'm expecting a pair of his eight inch, alnico based Super AERO 8, fullrange drivers. As you previously mentioned, I also believe these Rullit Atelier drivers have cellulose cones, but I'll have to ask Oleg to be sure. Of course I'll post here if I'm mistaken. From what I can detect in photos it would appear that thee Super AERO 8 drivers are actually quite similar to the much loved and missed drivers used in the Yamamura Churchill Dionisio 27! If you'll click on the Yamamura Churchill words preceeding this and scroll up to where the man is holding the driver by the magnet in his hand. You'll notice the Yamamura Churchill are also made of pie cuts are different widths. This is also what Sonodyne of S. Korea is doing with their Han-ji paper SD-855 drivers.

Once Oleg's Super AERO 8, fullrange drivers ---{which are also available as a field-coil model}--- arrive and I have them setup and working. I'll notify all the forums I'm now a Rullit Atelier dealer and that these drivers, as well as Oleg's ICs will be available for audition in my home on an appointment based schedule. This shouldn't present any problems because I'm disabled and home all the time anyway! All I can say is if Oleg's drivers are anywhere near the quality of his ICs, Fostex, Lowther, AER, Voxativ and even Feastrex had better watch out! Now I realise that such a direct challenge to Feastrex may seem ridiculous at first, but I make this challenge at the direct request of Oleg himself. Oleg told me to ask people to bring their best fullrange drivers, especially Feastrex, to make direct side-by-side comparisons. Of course I'll keep everyone appraised of what's happening, but for now I'm waiting on the arrival of a pair of Rullit Atelier's Super AERO 8, alnico-based, fullrange drivers. Once they arrive I'll consider myself a dealer albeit with a very limited inventory.

More to come...

Hello again all Oleg sent me an email about my above post.

First: He wants me to tell everyone, his drivers are in no way associated with the Sonodyne drivers from S. Korea.

Second: Oleg said these expensive IC cables have the name: "Late Gothic".

Third: A pair of his Super AERO 8 fullrange drivers are in the works and he will be finished within a week with this project.

Fourth: The next item he'll want me to add to my inventory will be his 15" sandwich bass drivers of which he's most proud.

Finally Oleg asked me to add to the forum this quotation from him: "What is "Late Gothic" interconnect? I would say that it's not about a mere physical, material object, but rather a ritual. A ritual of transition to something new that hasn't been perceptible yet, somethng better. O. Rullit" As I said before these are without a doubt the finest ICs I've ever heard in my system or anywhere else!

Hi Tom,

is the Super Aero 8 a single-cone or double-cone driver ?

Thanks.

Hello Vizion,

I honestly didn't know until you asked, but based on these photos of the Super AERO 8 drivers they look like they have a whizzer. I think these may also be the feild-coil version as in one of the photos I believe I see a second set of wires running to the drivers.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. If I don't know the answer I'll ask Oleg and get back to you, OK?

Drivers by Oleg Rulitt

I am very satisfied owner of 8 inches Alinico Full range drivers from oleg Rulitt which had been delivered about a month back for my open baffle speakers,the sound is very delicate,and mids are beautiful with best top end, though i have not heard any other drivers for comparison and cannot write about any comparison between different drivers,and thetubeguy i will be looking forward to your comparison of oleg rulitt,s drivers with finest drivers of other manufacturers

happy Listening

>>> Godzilla,which driver sounds delicate,musical and detailed in OB

I love the Eminence Beta 12lta on OB. I'd love to hear these delicate looking Korean drivers tho.

Hi Zilla!

Mekr is speaking about the Rullit Altelier Super AERO 8 inch, alnico-based, fullrange drivers sounding delicate, musical and detailed on an OB, not the Korean drivers!

I enjoy so much reading good feedback from RULLIT interconnects and "aero" hand crafted series drivers, I simply couldn't afford. Now it's for a while I am a lucky owner of a pair Rullit 8" fullrange alnico drivers and although affordable (grey cone) I can only say easily outperform the highly sough after Altec 955c. And by a wide margin.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

mekr, I believe the pair you bought from ebay, is the telefunken based full range speaker, I recently bought a few pair of Oleg's speakers, the Isophon aero 12 field coil speaker and Aero 8 Alinco, and 2 pair of the telefunken based full range, after trying them out I will write a report on them.

!

thetubeguy whenever you compare rulitt drivers,do make comparison between super aero 8in,12in and 15in drivers,and also between alinico and field coils,i would be looking to your comparison.

happy listening

Hello Mekr!

No I have not made any such comparisons, but I would have loved to! Oleg Rullit lied to me. He told me I'd be his first US dealer/distributor. I was supposed to setup a horn based speaker system using his Super AERO 8" Alnico drivers ---{I didn't tell Oleg was also going to also make an OB speaker with removaable face-plates so I could change drivers quickly & easily his different drivers}--- and allow perspective buyers to make an appointment to come and audtion the drivers in my home. Basically a dealership out of my home.

It was a highend system using all highend gear such as a 40W/ch Mastersound SET integrated amp, a GoldNote Stibbert CDP, Stealth Audio Sakra ICs, Dream Speakerwires & M-21 Super Power cords and Sachiko based double-back-loaded horn speakers. However when the time came to supply me with his drivers, Oleg stopped responding to my emails. After not hearing him Oleg for months I knew it was all one big lie. Personally I wouldn't trust Oleg. He got angry with me when I asked him to provide specs so I could compare his drivers against Lowther, Voxativ, Fostex, Feastrex etc. in case prospective clients asked ---{like I would have}--- Oleg responded if they want specs tell them to buy those other drivers! Be afraid, be very afraid. I stay away, far away

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.