Balanced input all DC coupled RIAA preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Parts to populate the boards are camming in fast.

Got prety 25VA trafo and 35 Vcaps.+ 99.9% of the rest.

Got one litle Job to finish and day job in between but I will get there.

Attachments

• Balanced PSU.jpg
    Balanced PSU.jpg
    613.9 KB · Views: 560
Copied from the MPP-thread (it needs to go here (I think)) :)

Got all the bits for it box and all will have to do that when listening to FiFi is not possible (tely on neighbours in).
TT is already wired for balanced as I had INA LT1028 X5 X2 split passive RIAA
before.
Give me couple of weeks and it shuld be done.
Only scary bit is SMD to DIL part but I duble up on spares and have couple of presents from Analog devices to exercise on.

You could glue the smd (using double sided sticking tape) to the middle of a dip socket/header and use some thin (silver?) wire to connect the smd to the pins, while working under a loupe.

I would like to see yout wire bender Frans :)

Nice work bksabath

Here it is, the (c) FdW 'Wire bender' :) it makes nice 'square'-bended, and 'un-stressed', very even (sized) bended-resistors.

Attachments

• IMG_6204.jpg
    IMG_6204.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_6202.jpg
    IMG_6202.jpg
    885.1 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_6201.jpg
    IMG_6201.jpg
    857.4 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_6200.jpg
    IMG_6200.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Can't see anything wrong :)
BTW you need a resistor wire bender, I will post a picture of mine later today.

There is one thing wrong, IMO you should first have done the full build of the raw, then the pre- and then the clean power supply, this to be enable you to test each step before connecting the next step. By building the input stage very early you risk (there is not much risk :)) it at every step of the way.

Yes I know never got around to get one

Still I am pretty made up with the smd welding:D

Now that I got around to it is pretty easy

Just a bit of solder paste on track and hold chip with crocodile clip

Just touching with wet solder tip does the trick

About SMD. I do like non-SMD, old school through-hole, constructions, and I like them spacy :), not maximum compact. IMO spacy circuit’s sound better than very compact, as normal for SMD constructions, circuits.

Right no presssure then :D

Today I have been making those

Shuld take care of same vibration when mounting PCB :p

Nice, I did mount my boards on nylon struts and bolts in the boxes, then the boxes are mounted on separate nylon struts and bolts to a 'floating' sub-frame, floating (not truly) by being flexible. Due to the high mass of the 2mm thick copper box the whole system is mass-dampened.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.