Balanced F5 question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As promised an update on progress.

Business is good with Mark, which means that production is tied up and we have no committed date for the F5X case. Hobbies come last, and quite rightly so. Nothing I can do. I hope we can get you pictures before end of February, but cannot promised as the entire China is off for weeks round Chinese New Year. So please be patient.

Patrick

Last edited:
While I have two very competent guys working on the PCBs, they also have full time job, so progress is not as quick as we hoped.

In order to make some progress on my own, I made up a few boards quick and dirty, soldered them yesterday, so that we have something to keep the waiting cloud excited.

The production boards are going to be just as good if not better.

Here is the first one -- the Auxiliary Power Supply. Nothing fancy, just 7812 / 7912.

Patrick

Attachments

• 110123 F5X Aux PSU S.JPG
    110123 F5X Aux PSU S.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 340
Last but not least, this is the control / protection board which is still work in progress (waiting for some components).

The dark orange part is not oxidised copper, but heat treated photo-resist which can be used as soldering mask.
A special feature of Bungard PCBs.

Patrick

Attachments

• 110123 F5X Control S.JPG
    110123 F5X Control S.JPG
    442.3 KB · Views: 320
Someone asked about my choice of copper thickness.

Don't forget that the regulator and the capacitor boards are carrying the entire bias current (i.e. 4A).
I leave you to decide collectively how much copper cross section you want to have for 4A.
The track width is about 4mm on the regulator board, and 12mm on the cap board.

Patrick

I have a volunteer for matching the regulator MOSFETs (Toshiba 2SK3497 / 2SJ618).
Many thanks to your kind offer.

But he is in Europe, so we have to allow for about 20% Value Added Tax to Digikey prices.
Any objections or better proposals ?

On top of that, I can only get them at minimum quantities of 50 each (100 in total).
That would be 25 Dual-Mono builds (each stereo amp requires 1 pair N and 1 pair P MOSFETs).

Since I really have no timeo do it myself, the best solution would be :

1) someone volunteer to organise a GB and match;
2) one of the dealers on the forum (tech-diy, Zhou, Blues, Spencer, .....) would offer matched quads at a premium;
c) one of you would take over that entrepreneurial task.

At the very least, please state interest so that we can estimate quantities.

Patrick

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Tentative Interest for Toshiba 2SK3497 / 2SJ618, N-N, P-P matched to better than 0.2V.

Price tbd.

EUVL 5 pair N's / 5 pair P's
fitzfish 4 pair N's / 4 pair P's
Horio 2 pair N's / 2 pair P's
johnwmclean 2 pair N's / 2 pair P's
Andrew T 2pr N, 2pr P
Ichiban 2 pair N's / 2 pair P's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.