Babbelfish J PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yunick said:
Is there anything else we should think about?

David - look at pic

put one blob of thermal grease between two BC critters in input CCS and tie them with something .........plastic zip thingie or whatever ;
they must be tight coupled, because these two have opposite tempco...that way you'll have rock solid CCS and less variation in output offset

Attachments

• whoa.jpg
    whoa.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 901
Yunick said:

Thank you very much for yours and Chokys work on the babbelfish.

The boards are truly beautiful and Chokys support is outstanding..

Startup is scheduled to tuesday... The last parts didn't show up in the mail today :(

Thank you too, for nice words and works...

Choky and me just want to share thousands hours and dollars spended on audio and music equipment, with other similar enthusiasts.

Wi don't like make too complicated and expensive units, but simple and more then 'good enough' (like Choky said).
Game about creation audio units is similar for me like seducing a woman... :Popworm:
...you never know what's will be happen :headbash:

So, just go ahead friend!!! :wave:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
vangelis said:

Game about creation audio units is similar for me like seducing a woman... :Popworm:
...you never know what's will be happen :headbash:

too old for R'n'R , to young to die................

:devilr:

as I said before - Vangelis is my better half......but I can't resist...... :clown:

(ask him what's his wife occupation.......and what can happen if he mess with woman seducing...........hehe .......some little creature in bed ;) )

on second thought .........same creature can make a way to my bed,if I take too much of his time with my babbling........ ;)

Wow hell ugly !!!

Thanks you Babo :)

hehe.............. 3 hands

It sure do come in handy from time to time.. ;)

put one blob of thermal grease between two BC critters in input CCS and tie them with something .........plastic zip thingie

They will be there when we fire up, Thanks for the tip :)

The construction has been delayed a couple of days.. The Alu to join the heatsinks on my brothers Mini-a chassi where to small. We will try to get some bigger tomorrow..

Yunick.....what's new.......or you two are waiting for weekend?

Work is in progress.. but it's slow.. Wish I hade steeone's pace :)

My brother has been working late this week and this weekend he's going away to south of sweden cos a friend is getting married :)

I'm almost finished... I'm soldering the cables and mounting tha last bits..

Maybe an hour or so... :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yunick said:

Work is in progress.. but it's slow.. Wish I hade steeone's pace :)

My brother has been working late this week and this weekend he's going away to south of sweden cos a friend is getting married :)

I'm almost finished... I'm soldering the cables and mounting tha last bits..

Maybe an hour or so... :)

just remember to cool it ........20 min with a beer ,before final check ;)
and - cigar after ..........listening da musak !
;)

Congrats Looking forward to hear your oppinion

Thank you :)

As it plays now the power supply puts out 23.6 Volts, DC offset 32mV, 2.3A Bias... :D:D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Rest of the chain.. dddac.de with USB, BOZ with russian PIO, DIY2000 speaker vinners.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Sound impressions.... :D:D:D

It's a biiiig leap from the Aleph30 i used before.. The top end is just unreal... But what I didn't expect was the massive bottom end.. :D:D:D

I could not be happier... This is by far the best I have heard in my system.. I have previous have buildt Chip amp, Mini-A, Aleph30.

Thanks Zen Mod and Oly for the support and for making this possible.
Thanks Steenoe and cviller for inspiration.

Yunick said:

Sound impressions.... :D:D:D

It's a biiiig leap from the Aleph30 i used before.. The top end is just unreal... But what I didn't expect was the massive bottom end.. :D:D:D

I could not be happier... This is by far the best I have heard in my system.. I have previous have buildt Chip amp, Mini-A, Aleph30.

Now, why did I know you would say that:D
Nice to see another enthusiastic owner of the Babelfish.
What are the heatsinks, from the Conrad GB?

Steen:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yunick said:

as I always bable to my man steen...........now is time for better speaks ;)

read between lines........something with bigger cones :devilr: ...... and I'm not thinkin' on car subs drivers ;)

ya ready for nice open baffles?

seems that's time for me to think-after Pumpkin- about nice LU based follower amp........ :darkside:

edit:
be prepared-after few days listening like that - to make final offset adjusting with cover on top.
procedure -power up -wait -pull cover -adjust -put cover on -wait -and again
hehe...........'nuff fun for few hours ;)

ps. I like way how you clamp mosfets

Zen Mod said:

as I always bable to my man steen...........now is time for better speaks ;)

read between lines........something with bigger cones :devilr: ...... and I'm not thinkin' on car subs drivers ;)

ya ready for nice open baffles?

seems that's time for me to think-after Pumpkin- about nice LU based follower amp........ :darkside:

The Yunick man may have Pass'ed out briefly, listening to that J-fet thing:D

LU follower? I am all ears;)

I'm still here.. :D:D

Soon after my last post, My son arrived and we went fishing, that I earlier promised him....
There will be a longer listening session tomorrow night....

What are the heatsinks, from the Conrad GB?

From Conrad, yes... MF35-151.5 ..

ps. I like way how you clamp mosfets

Hehe... Thanks :)

Now of to finish the Aleph p1.7 that never got finished... :/

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.