B1 Buffer Preamp

b-1-redux

no,no
thank you bubba!
again my comments were meant to help
both in understanding the circuit complexities and
to point out the different levels of understanding and capabilitiy
and a small plead of patience for those whose understanding surpass those who ask the questions-communications can be challenging
hopefully we can all grow in our endeavours
enjoy the libation
responsibly
r

folkeb said:
Hi, I can't say anything about the Boz, but in my opinion the B1 with obliggato caps performs better in my system than the Aleph P. I don't know if this answers your question ;) However, both sound great!

vdi_nenna said:

Yes, I say there is an improvement. I say the B1 sounds better than the BOZ, but it depends what amp your driving it into also.
And by improvement I mean, to me, the B1 sounds transparent.
That's the whole idea with the B1, right?

Thanks for replies fellows. My amps are Borbely dc-50 monoblocs and I`ll keep them yet for long time. I also took a closer look on Obliggatos caps dealers and Tony Gee reviews.

JC

troystg said:
Silver plated copper with Tefl#* (the DuPont guys are still banning the use of that word)

Isn't that like wizards going around mumbling "he who must not be named" (Valdemort)?

I'm going to go through my web pages and forum posts and start writing Teflon everywhere I can. It's amazing how for more than 20 years a company can proclaim one of their products as the greatest thing since sliced bread and then ban the product name from the English vocabulary when the truth about aforementioned PTFE product comes to light. :whazzat:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
JC Fardo said:
OK

http://www.kk-pcb.com/a17-pwr.html

Choky or Zen Mod? Glad anyway:cool:

whatever ;)

AndrewT said:
if the 610 operates with Vgs~3V then the LED string needs to be output voltage + Vgs or ~ 24V.
About 12 green LEDs will start getting close.

Maybe worth comparing a tl431 and a couple of resistors to see which performs better.

agree .

Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
JC,

I would recommend secondary voltage of 30Vac with 3x9.1V zener. Then, it might be better to adjust the size of the resistor feeding zenner current (about 5 mA) to 1.5K.

>:)<

Attachments

• psu mod.jpg
    psu mod.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,565
I was in the process of hooking up my 2nd b1 buffer, and was expecting the LED to light up when hooking up the power.

It didn't, I checked the power coming into the b1 and it was ~ 35 vdc ( I have a walwart that's rated for 24v dc).

Anyways, I've unplugged the transformer and started checking the circuit. I retested the transformer and get ~2 volts out of it now. :(

I'm not sure if it was a bad walwart or faulty hookup.

Any suggestions? What would cause such odd results.