B&O ICEpower modules – any built?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Digmoda Icepower implementation...

I'm not building with the modules directly but I have just ordered a pair of the Digmoda DDC552 DSP plate amps which are built around 3 IcePower modules (2x500/1x250).

We are going to pop them into a pair of our newest prototype loudspeakers and see how they stack up (as an active pair) to how they sounded when driven by our separate UcD amps.

If you're interested I'll keep you posted about how they sound etc...

Regards,
Tom

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Digmoda Icepower implementation...

ptwining said:
I'm not building with the modules directly but I have just ordered a pair of the Digmoda DDC552 DSP plate amps which are built around 3 IcePower modules (2x500/1x250).

We are going to pop them into a pair of our newest prototype loudspeakers and see how they stack up (as an active pair) to how they sounded when driven by our separate UcD amps.

If you're interested I'll keep you posted about how they sound etc...

Regards,
Tom

Please do (in this thread please) !!

/

OK, I finally got a pair of Digmoda DDC552's

After waiting a couple of months I finally got my Digmoda gear. They look great, smaller than I thought.

They come with zero dox and I am working to find out whats what.

I'll keep yall updated as promised as I mount these puppies and try out the *steep* learning curve associated with the DSP software...

Regards,
Tom

After waiting a couple of months I finally got my Digmoda gear. They look great, smaller than I thought.

They come with zero dox and I am working to find out whats what.

I'll keep yall updated as promised as I mount these puppies and try out the *steep* learning curve associated with the DSP software...

Regards,
Tom
Hi Tom- Duane here. I'm a newbie to this site-was looking for your results on how your implementation of the Digmoda ddc552 went. Sound Quality? Break-in time, etc...
Thanks,
Duane

Hi Duane...

The DDC552 was easy to work with, sounds fabulous and is pretty robust. It took a few hours or so before they began to sound "warm" but I love them. I've been running them for a year or so now and they are fabulous. I usually build with Hypex amps but they keep refusing to produce a 3-way plate so I went with these - absolutely no regrets.

It takes a while - weeks - to learn how to use the DSP though. It isn't cranky but it is sometimes counter-intuitive. I tweaked them endlessly to get the sound I wanted but now I can spend 20 minutes and tune my speaks for nearly any venue or adjust to new program material.

Can't recommend them highly enough. I am still mystified why Hypex hasn't done something like them.

Hope this helps and let me know what you do with them.

Let me know if you have any questions as I am quite familiar with them.

Regards
Tom

Hello
This is my first post here. I am proud owner of PS AUDIO TRIO A100 amplifier.
Im very suprised - so little, tiny very good amp.
It has two B&O 200ASC modules inside. It is 110V version.
I want to do a voltage conversion to 220V. Guy from PS Audio said that is simpliest thing under the sun. But he don't want to tell what to do... Company secrets...
B&O too. You are my last chance.
Can you help me with my problem?

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Lugoshi,

Edit - no jumper o the 200ASC, but I think there is on on the 250ASP...

Anyway, just found my 200ASC - looks like it can take 110 or 220 input -50/60hz. The amp module is OK, the fuse on the PS Audio enclosure would need to be swapped for the 220V fuse. Take some pics, one of us will tell you what you need to do...

Last edited:
Hello
This is my first post here. I am proud owner of PS AUDIO TRIO A100 amplifier.
Im very suprised - so little, tiny very good amp.
It has two B&O 200ASC modules inside. It is 110V version.
I want to do a voltage conversion to 220V. Guy from PS Audio said that is simpliest thing under the sun. But he don't want to tell what to do... Company secrets...
B&O too. You are my last chance.
Can you help me with my problem?

The power supply is a SMPS version. Without exactly knowledge and schematic diagram I would not dare to experiment.
Linn provides in its model "Brilliant" in an automatic recognition for mains voltage, if I recall right - go to post #5 about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/anal...matic-without-smps-schematic-smps-wanted.html
more URL's:
http://www.psaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Trio-A-100-owners-manual1.pdf
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/223197-ps-audio-trio-100-photos-request.html
PS Audio Endstufe Trio A-100

Who can post an detailled schematic diagram of PS and amp section from this modules?

from an other ICEPOWER module you will find a (not completly) schematic here (without SMPS):
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clas...ic-about-rev-engin-not-complete-finished.html

Attachments

• PS Audio Trio A-100 open.jpg
    PS Audio Trio A-100 open.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 594
Last edited:
Hello. Thank you for your answers.
I attached four pictures. You can look inside my A100 now.
I'am sure that PS audio made some modifications to 200ASC, and it's 110V gear now.
If you have photos of 220V version (2 sides ) in hi-res - that will be helpfull.

thx for your help

Attachments

• DSC_6672.JPG
    DSC_6672.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 536
  • DSC_6678.JPG
    DSC_6678.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 493
  • DSC_6679.JPG
    DSC_6679.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 484
  • DSC_6680.JPG
    DSC_6680.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 472
Hi Lugoshi!

All you have to do is just plug in the 230V mains and you should be fine. As stated in the datasheet of 200ASC minimum voltage is 85V AC and maximum is 264V AC. If for example you look at the 125ASX2 module you'll see that there are two ranges of mains voltages and it is also noted that mains voltages should be selected with jumper prior to what you have.

Don't change any fuses or anything! If you look at your cell phone charger, which I believe is smps, you'll notice voltage range and you don't change any fuse if you go to the country which uses 230V!

Best Regards,
Ales

Sorry, but I plugged my A100 to 220V, but something started to "buzz". I waited 1 second for power led but nothing happened. I disconnected amp to avoid damage. Now I'am using voltage conveter 110-220V. Amp is working fine without sign of damage. I don't want risk second time...
I wrote to PSAUDIO they said that conversion is simplest thing under the sun, but it's company secret. ;-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.