• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AZ OLED setup kits for Soekris dam1021/1121 control

I'm no longer able to control my SK (full version). It was working fine until I managed to mess up the cable from the SK to the display. When I received a replacement (bought on eBay), the display works again, but I no longer have control. The control encoder switches between functions when I turn it (volume to input to filter), but pushing it does nothing - I can't switch inputs or filters or volume. The remote, which was working, now does nothing. The SK is stuck on the coax input, showing unlocked. It still showed unlocked when I hooked up the digital out of my CD player to the coax input.

Any ideas of what could be wrong, and how to get it up and running again?

Thanks!

Thanks for getting back to me, audiozen. The only thing I replaced was the ribbon cable from the main PCB to the display. I had to do that because I had broken some of the connections at the end of the original cable. I replaced it with a cable which was identical to the original, but longer. I'm still using the original display, which is now working fine. I haven't changed anything else.

Could the issue be with the rotary encoder? The connections still seem good, but I'm not sure how to test one of these.

Thanks!

I am very happy with the performance of AZ Oled kit + the Soekris. But I still haven't managed to make a decent enclosure.

Audiozen, you have posted drawings of - what could be a nice a nice enclosure - and I am sure that many of your customers would be interested in buying one. I certainly would. Perhaps you could by do an "interest check" thread to see if there is a sufficient demand?