AXPONA 2024 attendees?

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I "met" Nelson at BA23.

So, the guy is sort of like you know him, you know.... his writings are so accessible, funny and personal... so I go up to him, on the way out, and I tell him "I've been following you since the 70s" or something like that. His answer was like "that's 40 years".... Hmm... That thought cought me unawares.

Yep, Nelson Pass is the ONLY person that has caught Yours Truly unaware in all of my life. Speechless... so I mumbled something and left. I never even introduced myself.

I'm pretty sure I already told the story though.

Does that answer your question? Or how I somehow thought it was 2025?

Joined 2013
Paid Member
no tire kickers or ego setters.

AXPONA 2023 was where FIRSTWATT publicly introduced the SIT-4 connected to the same CUBE speakers Nelson has been listening to. He also had the headphone amp with J113's, just impressed by all the soldering let alone the sound. The Plasma tweeter also made it's long awaited return with lectures from the creator of these amazing speakers. You MAY get to hear them this year at BAF2024.

I struggle with the notion that these gentlemen are "ego setters" and that the tens of thousands who attend are "tire kickers".

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2010
Paid Member
AXPONA 2023 was where FIRSTWATT publicly introduced the SIT-4 connected to the same CUBE speakers Nelson has been listening to. He also had the headphone amp with J113's, just impressed by all the soldering let alone the sound. The Plasma tweeter also made it's long awaited return with lectures from the creator of these amazing speakers. You MAY get to hear them this year at BAF2024.

I struggle with the notion that these gentlemen are "ego setters" and that the tens of thousands who attend are "tire kickers".

Trade shows are all about commercial products.

I honestly prefer shows like BAF where the show goers have a lot more know how about the product. Some of the people there are extremely gifted and you get to spend like two days talking about audio equipment in terms of design, sound, etc... in a way you never get to talk at a show.. and there are no High End dealers, no fancy Signature speakers, etc...

Plasma... @Tony Salsich was there at BA23. I got to talk to him quite a bit about the physics of the plasma speaker and he gave a very good presentation about it. Excellent guy to talk to.

Oh, Wayne passed out P3 boards.... hmm....

Last edited: