Aura NS6-255-8A with Dayton DC28F tweets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I use a carbide spiral upcut bit in the center of my jig there, it works beautifully.
Your 2nd order on the subs will be fine but trying to put some kind of a low pass on the NS6 might not be so good.
You'd probably be best off listening to the NS6 before trying to integrate the sub.

If you have the full T&S specsheet on the woofers and the values of the coil & cap I can see about figuring a first order high pass for the NS6's.

I use a carbide spiral upcut bit in the center of my jig there, it works beautifully.
Your 2nd order on the subs will be fine but trying to put some kind of a low pass on the NS6 might not be so good.
You'd probably be best off listening to the NS6 before trying to integrate the sub.

If you have the full T&S specsheet on the woofers and the values of the coil & cap I can see about figuring a first order high pass for the NS6's.

I will probably be using my Yamaha receiver, which has a highpass option for my main speakers, so I will just use that.

I havn't figured out what I'm doing for sub amplification yet... I have one of those sure amps thats 4x100w. I'll prolly use that if I can figure out how to hook it up to the receiver...

What size spiral upcut bit? is it a small diameter, like 1/4''? Also, what is a good way to make one of those jigs? I have been using my Regular router (not plunge). My plunge router is fixed to my router table. Should I pick up a seperate plunge router to attach to a jig JUST for circle cuts??

Last edited:
My jig is attached to a fixed base router.
I just use a 1/8" steel pin from Fastenal as my pivot that is long enough for a "plunge" type operation, you just have to make multiple thin passes.
I use a 1/4" spiral upcut bit.

so you don't cut the circle in ONE pass? hhmm maybee thats why my router was spazzing out :rolleyes:..............:wchair: I'll have to watch some youtube videos lol

On a better note, I have most of the drywall installed in my office. I just have to run some new 12-2 for the outlets under my desk, then build a couple shelves, install my modem/router/phone, build a new desk, paint everything, then install the speakers ! :)

Hello Einric, Looks like a nice project ! What kind of results could one get using a 0.5 Cu ft enclosure ? What size port would be needed ? Also could you post response graphs similar to post 9 ? I'm looking to build something inexpensive for use with a 25 watt amp. Thank-you :wave:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.