Aura NS6-255-8A with Dayton DC28F tweets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
^ I've got the entire wall to work with...drywall is currently removed. I don't care HOW big the box has to be...

I will be moving some of those studs around... My computer will be mounted on the wall right where the old "window" is currently. The speakers mounted on either side. I havn't decided if I'm going to leave the wall exposed, or drywall it yet.

Attachments

• demo wall.jpg
    demo wall.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Figuring on 1cuft after port, driver & crossover displacement I would tune to 48hz.
This will require a 2" port 2.25" long.
This will net an F3 of somewhere around 45hz or so.
With a .11 vent match I would probably run a 1/2" roundover bit inside the PVC port to give a nice flare.

good call einric. I will definitely round out the port as it exits the baffle. I'm gonna stuff the enclosure with pollyfill, which should easily bring me back up to 1.2 cubic feet effective volume and reduce standing waves and resonance inside the box as well...at the cost of a small amount of efficiency loss.

I bought some 2'' PVC pipe. So you think I only need a 2.25'' section??

what does .11 vent match mean>?

Joined 2011
Paid Member
2.25" is all you should need.
The vent match is a percentage in relation to port air velocity, I don't quite understand it yet other than you really want to keep it below .13.
I just have made it a point to flare at least one end if the port is above .10.

Only lightly stuff the enclosure.

some progress.... This was my first experience using a router to cut the speaker holes. I will NOT be doing it this way again. I much prefer a Jigsaw method... I can cut a pretty much perfect line. The router on the other hand produced a result that mimics a seizure...

What bit do you guys use on the router to cut the holes out ?

also, how do you guys make the flush mount cut out? I just used a 1/2'' router flat bit and basicly "painted" it out...

Attachments

• in wall speaker enclosures.jpg
    in wall speaker enclosures.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 95
  • baffle4.jpg
    baffle4.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 82
  • baffle3.jpg
    baffle3.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 79
  • baffle2.jpg
    baffle2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 87
  • baffle.jpg
    baffle.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 94
  • baffle painted.jpg
    baffle painted.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 37
  • xover.jpg
    xover.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Hole Cutting Jig

You should have built a hole cutting jig.
They work GREAT.
You notice every driver has a mark for inside and outside.
They make for a perfect fit.

Your holes will do the job but they do look like a Beaver cut them for you.
Wrap your drivers in cellophane and put them in the holes.
Then backfill the gaps with bondo.
Once the bondo is dry then pull the drivers out, sand it flat and paint it.

Attachments

• HomeMade Circle Jig.jpg
    HomeMade Circle Jig.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
yeah no kidding. WORST speaker holes I've ever seen.....(the speaker screw holes still all line up though :rolleyes:)

I used a pivot tool that worked OK i guess.... but I was definitely using the wrong bit. What bit should I be using?

Here is the sub baffle. Cut almost perfectly with a Jig saw in litterally 1/25th the time it took me to use the router to **** up those other holes....

Question, I have a 2nd order low pass crossover with a simple coil and a cheapo electrolytic capacitor for my SUBS. Will I notice a difference in sound using this for my bass ?

Attachments

• sub baffle test.jpg
    sub baffle test.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.