Audiotek on ebay...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been using Audiotek for a fea times now, and sofar iam happy, shipping can be slow, but as the shipping is free i guess he send the packes as cheap as posible, but i usualy get them after 3 weeks and iam ok whit that .. I did buy a per of Tang Band W4-1320SF for 2usd and thats cheap got them after 3 weeks

But this doesn't make up for the fact that someone won a bid for something he said he didn't have, and the other dubious bidding issues mentioned. That's enough to raise a flag that says "Enter at your own risk". I guess you can say that about anyone on eBay, but damn.

In the end I did manage to win some items with them and they all took 12-13 days to arrive. They were all less than £3 so if they hadn't turned up I wouldn't have been distraught and they were more test purchases than anything to see if they would arrive!!
But now I notice that like Andrew T mentioned the bidding items have gone and it's all Buy It Now... hmmm a shame?? I'm not too sure but still, why is it so hard to get Nichicon Muse/Elna Silmics etc from anyone in the UK?!

Maybe he thought someone would bid the prices up and he'd get more than "buy it now" price, and just have none in stock if bidding didn't exceed the "buy it now" price, and/or use shills to place bids above the "buy it now price". The evidence seems to be pointing to that manner of doing business. As to obtaining Muse caps, it's not easy in the States, either. Very few vendors having not all values.

bleachershane said:
Thanks Clave, I hadn't come across those sites before! Two to add to the favourites for when I need to track down those Nichicons and Elnas! lol

You're welcome! ;)

I've buyed from both and no problems at all (5-10 days delivery)

For the Nichicons this one has nice prices and a broad range:

RealAudio

But it's in Taiwan and I never tried it...

By the way, seems that Andrew T was right, Audiotek are now selling as hu6073 and all the bidding items are there now!

This is just far too confusing! Why do they keep changing names?!! Alarm bells anyone?!! lol

If you look at auctions the title contains the word AudioTek...

It's not the only case, others ebay shops from Asia does it.:rolleyes:

Until goods ordered arrives I don't care about it (but I do little orders first).

It could be that I'm lucky, but until now only an ebay order never arrived and it was from Miami (USA)... (SoundCity ebay Shop )

"We're not responsible for items lost in the mail" :redhot:

Obviously they refused to prove their shipment with a receipt or something... :mafioso:

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I have sucessfully bought from Audiotek, but noticed lateley that there is some suspicious bidding going on.

The only sucessful bids so far were the ones I bid at the last 20 seconds (duh), but I still think some shill bidding going on.

If there is an ebay investigation, it is for shill bidding. Otherwise, I have been happy.

reply from the"Audiotek team"

I have just received the following email.....

IMPORTANT NOTICE - Our Account Was Stolen!

We are sorry to inform you that our ebay account was stolen. That is, our orginal account need to be closed immediately and avoid more problems.

Unfortunately, we will lost over 6000 feedback and have to start from zero.

Please don't worry , we are responsible for each order and will ship all the orders before this Friday.

Please reply this email and confirm the following information. We need to confirm some orders for the past 12 hours.

1. Ordered items(Item Name & Item Number)

2. Amount Paid

3. Shipping Information

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email.

NOTE

We are going to setup a new site/account within this week. We will send email to all our customers after we finish all the procedures required.

If you have any urgent purpose of components, please also contact us.

AudioTek Team (AudioTek168/AudioTek968/hu6073)

diy.texas@gmail.com

2009-02-11

Note :- AudioTek Team (AudioTek168/AudioTek968/hu6073)

proof if it were needed that they are one and the same people!!!

Question is :- do you believe it ?

Andy

Hmm this is all sounding suspicious... as suspicious as I first thought of all Audiotek related sellers when I was bidding on them and instantly being out bidded...! I didn't realise the term was shill bidding but I do believe this was a severe problem with Audiotek...

I don't quite know what to make of that email, it could be genuine. But simply they should never have had so many accounts, it instantly looks dodgy and potential customers would be put off!

So currently on ebay there is
Audiotek168 (still with items on sale)
Audiotek968 (apparently not a member anymore)
hu6073 (not a member anymore either!)

Who are they trading under now? This is far too confusing!

Just another data point, I never got my 3rd shipment. 1st went off without a hitch, 2nd took over 2 months, 3rd has been 3+ months and now I had to file for a chargeback.

I repeatedly asked for a refund as their initial email when I won stated if a shipment was lost they would immediately refund the purchase price. Multiple emails were sent asking for a refund w/ no response from audiotek. Finally I told them I would be filing a paypal dispute which got their attention, but instead of a refund they said they would ship again and this time it would take 7-9 weeks. I again requested that they not send them again, and instead refund my money...which was ignored.

On the plus side Citi is being cool about it, issued a credit 2 days after I filed and they are now investigating. I ended up doing the chargeback since paypal has a 45 day limit for disputes, and it has been 3 months. They give the seller 10 days to respond or it is a auto win for me, been 5 already w/ no response.

Fingers crossed for you that you get your money back in this case!

As a seller on ebay I find it really annoying that people come up against these problems being that I always try and help out customers that buy from me, be fair and do my best to ship items as quickly as possible... It just seems a shame that there are so many people out there that just aren't willing to resolve problems like they should...

Perhaps I should turn my spare room into a stock room, find a regular bulk source of Nichicons/Elnas etc and become a decent (and one of the only!) supplier of these in Europe... if you can't shop at Audiotek :smash: , do it yourself ;) ! LOL

bleachershane said:

As a seller on ebay I find it really annoying that people come up against these problems being that I always try and help out customers that buy from me, be fair and do my best to ship items as quickly as possible... ...........

Me too....

Unfortunately, it only takes a couple of bad sellers to give the whole of Ebay a bad name.

And let's not forget.... there are quite a few bad buyers out there who are only too ready to rip off the seller. That's why I now will only send items by " Signed For delivery", either to the UK or overseas.

Andy

Audiotek968 and their sister store, Hu6073
are no longer registered eBay users, due to allegedly engaging in fraudulent activity.

Where did you find that information ???

Actually, I'm assuming that, since several of us have reported them. I don't think their shutdown is a coincidence, and also do NOT believe that their "account was stolen". I'm afraid they are not being honest (no surprise). :whazzat:

Unlike Gaara, I use my bank account/debit card as the primary funding source for my Paypal account. Now I really wish I'd had the foresight to use a credit card as a safety mechanism.

What ever happened to "Paypal Buyer Protection" that we always see on the eBay listings? Is it a load of bull? :confused:

After a week, I've neither gotten a refund, nor even reassurance that my claim is progressing (in the Paypal "Resolution Center", it only states "awaiting other party's response").

I'm really bummed and, due to the small amount I get each month on disability, I really cannot afford more money to order the Nichicon snap in caps from another supplier to finish my Leach amps (the one project I have to keep occupied). Aarrgh!! :yell:

bleachershane said:
Fingers crossed for you that you get your money back in this case!

Thanks bleachershane. 4 days left and I win by default, even if they do respond they need to provide tracking info (which they won't) to prove the item was shipped (I have been on the other end of a dispute).

clm811 said:
Unlike Gaara, I use my bank account/debit card as the primary funding source for my Paypal account. Now I really wish I'd had the foresight to use a credit card as a safety mechanism.

What ever happened to "Paypal Buyer Protection" that we always see on the eBay listings? Is it a load of bull? :confused:

After a week, I've neither gotten a refund, nor even reassurance that my claim is progressing (in the Paypal "Resolution Center", it only states "awaiting other party's response").

I always use a CC as I get 1% back on everything, and it is a second layer of protection for just this type of occurrence. Some bank accounts do have a similar protection, especially if you used their debit card, you can check with your local bank. Also, if push comes to shove you can go directly to the company that issued the card be it Visa/Mastercard/Amex.

As for buyer protection, it is only good 45 days after the purchase. I actually called paypal after a month when the 1st package was lost, and was told that I had to allow the seller a chance to resend, even though it would put me past the 45 day limit.

In your situation I would wait a week or so for the seller to respond. If they don't then you escalate from a dispute -> Claim. The link should be on the bottom left hand of the screen when looking at the dispute via paypal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.