Audiotek on ebay...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
(FYI, in many cases where a refund is obtained, you forfeit the ability to leave negative feedback)

So if the buyer gets his refund, then what's the issue? Why leave negative feedback if you have lost nothing?

I have bought from Audiotek a number of times and am disappointed they will no longer be around to take more of my orders.

I bet more often than not its the delivery service to certain countries that are the culprit here and responsible for non receipt of goods. The seller has absolutely no control over the delivery service.

I have noticed Shill bidding with certain Chinese vendors on ebay. The way around it, put in your bid during the last 5 seconds. I have successfully worked this angle a number of times. It should not work this way, but sometimes you just have to play by someone else's rules if you want to get something for less that you can legitimately get it elsewhere and save a buck.. .

My point is Beggars can't be choosy. You want a real steal of a deal, be prepared to work for it.

NOTE - I think if you add up the positive Audiotek dealings on this thread, you will notice there are far few "burned" than "happy". And again most of those "burned" are from "questionable " countries.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
By the way, I have just received three Wima Capacitor orders from your listed "tzeng_albert" and very happy with the product, and I recommend them.

So please do not massacre their reputation and drive them off unless you truly have a beef with them.

That, of course, would be just as unethical.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
So if the buyer gets his refund, then what's the issue? Why leave negative feedback if you have lost nothing?
When the seller misrepresented the item(or reneged) and only gave refund when threatened with an action via Paypal(knowing full well the facade of "no negative feedback" will permit him to continue)! :mad:

I have bought from Audiotek a number of times and am disappointed they will no longer be around to take more of my orders.
Oh, but they ARE (under new seller names).

Are we to passively accept illicit seller tactics and roll over when taken advantage of? :bigeyes:

I have noticed Shill bidding with certain Chinese vendors on ebay.

Have you reported it?:confused:

Here's what eBay has to say about shill-bidding:

"Shill bidding is when sellers—or someone they know—place a bid on their item to drive the price up and create an artificial bidding war....Shill bidding is prohibited on eBay
Violations of our policies may result in a range of actions, including: Listing cancellation,Limits on account privileges,Account suspension,Forfeit of eBay fees on canceled listings,Loss of PowerSeller status,Referral to law enforcement. If you think someone's breaking the rules, please report it to us. Be sure to provide the member's user ID and the item number."

Again, some sellers are obviously CHEATING and LYING, against eBay rules. Think that's OK? :cannotbe:
Personally, I feel that to accept these behaviors is to become an accomplice to them! Anyone else have the cojones to stand up to these guys? Or are we content to get the occasional "good deal", despite knowing that we might get stiffed? :whazzat:
Kinda reminds me of the tourists that knowingly buy counterfeit watches and handbags, ignoring the fact that they're encouraging and helping to support a criminal...

Anyway, sorry to the administrators for taking up so much bandwidth with this topic. I think I'm done here.
If anyone searches for info about these retailers I just hope that they will find this thread and can make an informed decision about whether or not to buy from them(Some of us had to find out the hard way).

Up with DIYaudio, down with dishonest merchants!:smash:

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
This is quite funny, I bought a set of TangBand speakers from audiotek a little over a year ago, after 30 days of waiting I decided to file a complaint against him, he refunded and said the parcel must've been lost. I thought this was just a bad excuse, since I got it for under half of his Buy it now-price. The funny part is that one week later, the speakers appeared and he never asked for his money back. Did I end up scamming the scammer? :p

Today recieved my IRF610 (pack of 12) from "Audiotek".
Shipping were so long (about 36 days), so I started to think about refund money from them ))
Here are some photos of package:
http://s42.radikal.ru/i096/0911/5e/934bb0542358.jpg
934bb0542358t.jpg

http://s43.radikal.ru/i100/0911/7a/76f7a0302ebe.jpg
76f7a0302ebet.jpg

http://i048.radikal.ru/0911/bc/452882d29894.jpg
452882d29894t.jpg

http://i020.radikal.ru/0911/f8/8e0b67b7e0ad.jpg

8e0b67b7e0adt.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.